macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Liwoxay
    Problems bouncing arped instrument
    Hi guys - this is probably a noob question, but I can't seem to get a simple ES2 connected to an arpeggiator in the environment to bounce down. The arpeggiator works with playback, but when I bounce the whole song or just solo the instrument plus the arp object no audio is recorded. The manuals don't seem to help me, but perhaps I'm just not seeing the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Problems bouncing arped instrument
    Hi Alex, I'm assuming the way you've got it connected is: by cabling an Arp to a SI track in the Environment, right? Using the Arp this way requires you to bounce the track or whole project in realtime. You can select to do this from the Bounce window. If you open the Piano roll and look at the MIDI region on your Arp track you'll notice that the individual notes you hear when Logic is playing the track have not been recorded in the region. Instead, only the notes you held down were recorded. If you already have "Logic303: Steve H's TNT series 1 tutorials" [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks[/url] check out chapters 8, 9 & 10 for some great tips on how to setup a switchable Arpeggiator chain from the Physical object and to the Sequencer Input... which will give you much much more flexibility - and is essentially a time saving method too. Chapters 58 and 62 also deal with arpeggiators... Cheers Rounik
  • Liwoxay
    Dear Rounik: Thank you so much for your quick response. I bounced offline because I was running into heavy CPU use, such that when I played the track, in the breakdown, the track would stop due to overtaxing the CPU. I do have the TNT series so I will review those. I will try a realtime bounce but I am worried that my song as configured will require too much memory.... Thanks again for your help! Cheers, Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, No problem! You could bounce the ARP separately and then add it to a new audio track in your project: solo the Arp track and bounce it in realtime or record it via a bus - e.g. bus 10, which is also set as the input on an audio track... Also, Steve H's tutorials show you how to set up the arp with a switch which will mean never again will you need to bounce an arp in realtime as whenever you record your arp, Logic records the individual notes! This will also give you much more flexibility if you wish to edit or transform the arp midi data! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: