macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vivisuy
    Problem with reversing audio function
    I converted an audio file to a wave file that I needed to reverse. I dragged it from the audio bin to the arrange page. I then option dragged to make a copy. I then highlighted and double clicked the copied file (region). This opened the audio window. I performed the reverse function and both the highlighted region and the original region were reversed. I highlighted just one of the regions again and tried to re-reverse it but it re- reversed both. I even made another copy and highlighted and reversed it but all THREE audio files were reversed. Am I missing an important step? Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Problem with reversing audio function
    Hi Rob, An audio region is just a reference to an audio file. If you make destructive changes to the waveform of a region (using the sample editor's functions e.g. fade, reverse etc) you are changing the audio file. So all regions that reference that audio file will change. Ok. The way to do this, is to create two versions of the audio file. e.g. In the Audio Bin, select the file and choose "Audio File > Copy/convert file" or in the Sample Editor choose: Audio File > Save a copy as Make sure to give it a different name and make changes to the copy or the original. Cheers Rounik
  • Vivisuy
    Re: Problem with reversing audio function
    Hi Rounik, That solved the problem! Thanks Rob
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: