macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    usb guitar problems
    Hello I recently invested in an iguitar which has both usb and 13 pin inputs. I am trying to get this set up to work on Logic. So far Ive set it up as an aggregate device and have managed to get it working on Logic through the USB. The problem I am having is that after about 5 minutes of playing I get this very prominent crackling sound. I find that if I change buffer size it sorts the problem out for about another 5 minutes before it comes back again. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: usb guitar problems
    Hi I Like Cynic, Have you downloaded any / the latest drivers for the iGuitar? Are you running any other app's while Logic is open? Do you get the same issues while using the iguitar in Garageband? Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hey Rounik, no, the iguitsr didn:t require any drivers to be downloaded. I think I may have had mail running at the sane time. To be honest It was running fine before and now the problem seems to have emerged recently. I haven`t tried using the guitar much with garageband, do you recommend I give it a try?
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:53018]I haven`t tried using the guitar much with garageband, do you recommend I give it a try?[/quote] Yes, try it out... if the problem is there or not, then we can hopefully get closer to what is causing the problem. Just to check... are you running OS 10.5.3 and Logic 8.0.2? What other external hardware (audio interfaces etc) do you have connected to your Mac? Thanks Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    hey cheers for helping me out with this. I am using logic 7 on and 10.5.3 I was using my usb speakers. Recently I purchased an eridol FA-66, and installed it, but I couldn`t get it set up to work with the guitsr, so for the time being I uninstalled it and went back to the USB speakers while I got my guitar fully set up with the intention of getting back to the FA 66 at another time. Come to think of it that is when the trouble started.
  • Rounik Admin
    how did you uninstall the FA-66? Did you remove it's drivers from your Mac? Have you done any maintenance on your Mac (repair disk permissions?) Just to check, what version of Logic 7 are you running? Hope you have the most up to date (7.2.3)... Oh... were you using the most uptodate drivers for the FA-66? Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    It didn`t require any installation or uninstallation, I think something to do with being firewire. So I just disconnected it and reset my usb speakers as default. Yes It`s the most up to date version of Logic 7. No maintenance recently either
  • Zihymua
    Go in your manual start at page 55 all audio problems possible are there and how to solve it Al
  • Xyzefiy
    ok, will give it a try and report back. Cheers for the help so far
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Try following the steps in this post about Repairing Permissions. It's a good thing to do after and even before big installs or every few weeks: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Let us know how you get on :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: