macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Re: usb guitar problems
    Cheers mate, haven't had a chance to get on the mac for a couple of days, but I'll get on it first thing tomorrow morning and tell you how it goes. Have a good Saturday night!
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi all I tried out my guitar on garage band and seemed to encounter no problems at all. I've also tried the repair thing but still the problem persists on Logic. Do you think it something to do with the way I set up the guitar as an aggregate device? Also after searching my manual I can't seem to find the audio trouble shooting section mentioned. Pg 55 on my manual is something about the step input.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi what steps did you take to set up your iGuitar as an aggregate device? what Buffer size are you running in Logic? Are you using an audio interface, if so which one? Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi I am using my usb audio device as output and input and the usb guitar. My USB audio device is set as the clock. I set my buffer at 128, which was the recommended buffer size, but once the problem came about I went up to 256 and 512 but to no avail. I've just invested in an Eridol FA 66 hooked up to some monitor speakers which I intend to set up as my audio interface.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Thanks. So what is the name of the usb audio interface? Why and where have you set the usb audio interface to be the clock? Try disbaling that setting and try the iguitar. If that doesn't help, quit Logic and delete the preferences file: Users/User Name/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.logic.pro.plist When you restart Logic a new preference file will be created. Let me know if any of the above work and importantly, what the name of your audio interface is. Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Looks like this has done the trick. I deleted the preference file. Deleted the the aggregate device and set up a new one with my FA-66 as the output and the guitar as input and it after about 30 minutes of playing I've still not experienced any problems. Rounik, you've been a star many thanks to you sir
  • Rounik Admin
    Great! Really glad to know you've solved it! I wonder if the issue was with Logic's preferences or the aggregate device or both... No matter... :-) Enjoy the iGuitar! Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Yeah, to be honest I was having problems setting up the aggregate device from day 1, for example I'd click the USB guitar but the inputs wouldn't show up on the inputs section. Just out of interests and possible future reference, what did deleting Logic's preferences do? because that seemed to do the trick in my opinion. I had tried the same aggregate device setting before but to no avail, everything seemed to go right after that. Once again big thanks, it's great to finally get this guitar up and running
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Deleting the Logic Preference file basically resets Logic's preferences. Sometimes if things get glitchy it's possible Logic's preferences file can become corrupted. However, it's never as serious as it sounds because you can easily move or delete the preference file :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Cool, I'll have to remember that one. Everything is working absolutely lovely jubbly now.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: