macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Re: usb guitar problems
    well, no sooner do I speak, something goes wrong. I started up logic tonight to find out that two of my inputs (the USB guitar inputs) were missing. I checked the aggregate device setup window, and the It will not recognise my FA-66 and the USB guitar's inputs together, either one or the other. However it will recognise all built in inputs and out puts. What a pain. Any ideas?
  • Zihymua
    Me neither i dont understand, What is the model of your Guitars very important, could be the problem
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, Yes, please give us more details about the guitar. Are you running any other apps that may be using Core Audio/Aggregate device at the same time as Logic. e.g. iTunes, GB, etc? Well there is something I wanted to ask you the first time round: Is there any reason why you are using OS 10.5.3 and have not upgraded to 10.5.5 or.6? which have been "better for audio apps" according to many. I wonder also if this issue could be replicated using Logic 8.0.2? If you do decide to upgrade to 10.5.5/6 then please do make a clone of your Mac to an external HD first ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hey all, no I didn't have any other apps running at the time, just logic. I forgot to plug in my iguitar before I switched on logic, then realised and quit Logic and then plugged in. The guitar is iguitar (Brian Moore) 9.13.usb. But I think it must be connected to the aggeregate device, as it won't allow any combinations except or built in inputs/outputs. For example if I click my FA 66, it's 6 inputs and outputs will appear, but then if I add anything else, the inputs/outputs will not change. But If I click built in input and then built in output, the inputs and outputs will tally up. Its really quite depressing as I had it all working this morning. Oh and sorry I am using 10.5.6. I must have been dozing when I checked up!
  • Zihymua
    Go to this Apple address http://support.apple.com/kb/HT215 could be good for you to understand audio preferences
  • Zihymua
    Is your Guit it is 13pins to USB or USB to USB
  • Xyzefiy
    my guitar has both 13 pin (for midi interface) and usb to usb i'll check that link out, cheers
  • Zihymua
    What i tried to know the output on your guitar is it 13 pins or USB or you have a double output 13pins and USB
  • Xyzefiy
    My guitar has both. It has a usb input, 13 pin input as well as the traditional jack input
  • Rounik Admin
    So, just to check, are you using the USB output from your guitar directly into your Mac? Do you have anything else connected to your mac?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: