macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zihymua
    Re: usb guitar problems
    Hi Rounik, i know you, you can upload image so when he plug his guitar it have to appear in AudioMidi setup, show it to him HOW TO, i personaly work with a 13 pins Godin thrue and Axon module and it work perfectly
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi, yeah it's hooked up directly through the usb. I've got my FA-66 hooked up through firewire, I've got my mouse hooked up to usb and a hub with various hardrives attached. Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Still no luck on anything, it wont allow anything that's not built in to tally up on the input/outputs
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Alrobi made a very good point... A picture speaks a thousand words. Please could you take some pictures of your audio/midi interface etc and upload them here. This is how to do it: [b]A) Taking screen shots[/b] - Hold down shift - Cmd (Apple) - 4 Your cursor turns into a crosshair. - click, hold and drag a box around the area of the screen you want to take a pic of. e.g. start from a corner (upper right and then drag to lower right). - Let go to take screen shot. A new file named picture #x.png can be found on your desktop. [b]B) Uploading the picture[/b] - Go to a site such as Image shack: [url]http://imageshack.us/[/url] - Click on "Upload image" and select the picture you wish to upload. - Once the upload is complete click on + direct link somewhere below the picture and copy the link (Cmd-C) [b]C) Posting pictures on this forum[/b] - Click "reply" as normal to write or reply to a post. - Below the text box are links: Bold | Italic | Add Image | Add Link - Click on "Add Image". In the drop down Add Image window, paste the link (Cmd-V). - Click "OK" Once the post has been...posted the image will appear. Again, try restarting your Mac, disconnecting everything and reconnecting and unfortunately, perhaps delete the aggregate device again and re-create it. I'm beginning to wonder if this may be an issue with Logic 7 and OS X Leopard? Good luck! Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Hum not proud of me Rounik, i never notified under the reply window Add Image option, so obvious Lot of peoples they do not make the difference between Preferences SOUND set up on OSX, and the Audio set up in Logic it is two different world. That is two different Audio system on the same computer, i am not good enough to explained it the proper way so my friend Rounik i think i will let you do it, for sure if you please to do so, by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR.
  • Xyzefiy
    Morning Here is a pic of my audio/midi setup and of the aggregate device showing that while both the FA-66 and USB guitar have been selected, only the FA-66's inputs and outputs are being counted, the USB guitar's inputs are not[img][URL=http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1bl6.png][IMG]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9179/picture1bl6.th.png[/IMG][/URL][/img][img][URL=http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture2uk6.png][IMG]http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3010/picture2uk6.th.png[/IMG][/URL][/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Evening ;-) Right, I don't know why I didn't ask you before: What sample rate is you Logic Project and what is the sample rate in Audio MIDI setup? Why are you running at 96000Hz? Unless you have something specific in mind try using 441000 (CD quality)... I have a feeling this will help: Set the aggregate device to 44100 and in your Project settings in Logic, make sure it is set to 44100 too. Let us know how you get on, Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    oh wow, that was wrong. Sorry, maybe that should be removed, I thought I deleted it but... I have to go to work now, will try again tonight.
  • Xyzefiy
    Holy.......mate you got it. I can't believe I overlooked that one, i must have switched it by accident and not realised (the sample rate switch is right next to the power switch at the back). You are officially a legend. Thanks so much for taking time out to help me out. No I am going to bang my head against a brick wall. I can't believe that's what it was.
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool! Again I'm really glad we've figured it! Don't bang your head against a wall, it's better that the solution is simple rather than there being no clear solution or worse, a hardware issue ;-) Take care, Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    absolutely. Just when you spend days on this thing trying everything when the answer was staring at you all the time, it makes youfeel a bit sheepish. BAAH. The only thing I've got to work out now Is why the latency is worse on Logic Pro than on Garage band, even though my sample rate is set at 128 (the recommended). Is it to do with the Aggregate device? I notice Garage band lets you choose separate inputs and outputs.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: