macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: usb guitar problems
    [quote:53018] The only thing I've got to work out now Is why the latency is worse on Logic Pro than on Garage band, even though my sample rate is set at 128 (the recommended). Is it to do with the Aggregate device? I notice Garage band lets you choose separate inputs and outputs.[/quote] Do you have any plug-ins on the master output 1-2 channel or any other tracks? Which ones are they? e.g. space designer and Ad limiter will add latency. Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hey Rounik, hope the weekend's treating you well. My guitar has too outputs, the magnetic pickups are on output 7, these have guitar amp pro on them. Output 8 is my piezzo acoustic pick up, this is dry with no plug ins. While googling this problem I heard one guy say he does all his recording on garage band because Logic's latency is too bad. But I refuse to beleive this is true. I also heard there's always a bit of latency when recording digitally. I wonder does lead lenth affect latency?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I like Cynic, I'm good thanx! Just to confirm, you don't have any plug-ins on the Output 1-2 channel? Also, which Guitar Amp Pro preset are you using? If you have reverb enabled, try turning it off. Lastly, I'd advise you to try lowering the Buffer Size in Logic's Preferences... try 128 or 64... GB is built using Logic's audio engine... so it doesn't make sense that it could offer lower latency than Logic, aside from the fact that Logic is a more cpu efficient DAW. Lead length could effect latency I guess - but I don't know how long the lead would have to be before you notice it! Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Yeah totally, it's very odd. No I don't have any other effects on any channels except Guitar amp, on that I am using a setting of my own design. I've got some distortion on there and a bit of reverb. Should I take that off and add it later?
  • Rounik Admin
    yes, try turning off the reverb within GAP - see if it helps. With this sort of thing, you may need to do a little trial & error to find what works best for you & your system. I'd recommend changing one thing e.g. the buffer size and then testing and then changing something else... etc, etc... Let us know how it goes and what works for you. Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    yeah it seems that way doesn't it. Cheers mate. Have a good Saturday.
  • Rounik Admin
    Cheers! You too, and let us know how you get on.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: