macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    vocodo
    Hi to all I was watching the tnt august on vocodo and I just can't seem to get it to work. When I switch to voc in the es the synth sound does not play. The sounds are suppose to blend not sound indepently correct? I have watched it at least 10 xs and cannot figure what Iam doing wrong. Thanks ahead TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: vocodo
    Hi TNT, I don't understand what you mean: "The sounds are suppose to blend not sound independently correct" Also, could you outline each step you are taking in trying to get the vocoder to work: e.g. 1. Put audio region on track 1. 2. Open Evoc20 on SI track 2... etc. then I can follow along and see where and what may be the issue. Cheers Rounik
  • Bezilyo
    Hi Rounik, ok I set up two tracks one audio one si. I then recorded some audio,then opened si track. opened es2voc synth loaded a patch set bus on es to one. Checked to make sure I was getting sound by pulling monitor tab to syn,all good,then set my audio out to bus one then went back and recored es to match audio sound, stoped recording, this is where when I switched the monitor tab in the es to voc all i get is the audio then was no blending of the sound. I tried moving the slider to bring in more sound but nothing, I can get the two tracks to sound independently but not the voocode sound. In the video the sounds are both going through the es but that isn't happening for me. I am sure its just a signal path or something hope you can help I have a project I really need this sound on. Thanks as alwaysTT
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi TNT, OK. I followed your steps and everything is ok for me.... I think it must be a signal path error or perhaps you are not using a great preset??? Just to be clear follow these steps to the letter ;-) 1. Open a new project. 2. Create one audio track and one SI track. 3. Record or place an audio loop on the audio track. 4. Set the output of the audio track to BUS 1. 5. On the SI track open an EVOC20 instrument. 6. DON'T select a preset yet... 7. Set the Side chain (top right of EVOC20) to BUS 1. 8. Set the Signal on EVOC20 to "SYN" & record some notes. 9. Set the Signal on EVOC20 to "VOC". 10. Press Play. You should hear both the original audio and the EVOC20 playing simultaneously. 11. Open the Mixer. 12. Find Aux 1 (or whichever Aux has BUS 1 as the input) and mute the channel. You should now be able to hear only the vocoded signal. Unmute the AUX 1 channel and lower the volume instead if you want to hear some of the original audio. Select a different preset from the EVOC20's preset menu - making sure to set the Signal to VOC and make sure the Side Chain is set to the correct Bus. Let me know if that helps... Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi TNT, Has the above post helped you? Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik, Certainly worked for me, I find your step by step answers very helpful and informative... Cheers, Bj : )
  • Bezilyo
    Hi Rounik not sure if you got my last responc but yes it did work this time. It must have had to do with the mute of the aux channel. I still can get no sound from guitar rig. It does not matter if Iam using a keyboard input does it. I will be on vacation for the next week will work on it. As always Thankyou for your great advice. It sure helps a hack like myself, but Iam learning thanks to you and Macpro TT
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: