macProVideo.com
Forums
  • No Sound
    external midi problems
    first of all i would like to say thank you to Rounik for all your help from a couple of weeks ago... i got more problems... i have an Alesis Micron (analog modeling synth). its not in the logic database, is there a way to set up the external keyboard to be recognised by all the instruments that come with logic express?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: external midi problems
    Hi No Sound, Did you get everything working last time then? Hope so. I'm not sure I understand your question... What do you want the Alesis Micron to do from the following: A - play the sounds of Logic's instruments. B - play it's own built-in sounds and be heard through Logic. C - something else... Cheers Rounik
  • No Sound
    i can get it to do b, but i want to do A
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi No Sound, ⢠Connect the Micron to your Mac/audio interface using the MIDI connections. ⢠Create a software instrument track. ⢠Click on the I/O slot on the channel strip and select an instrument from the drop down list. ⢠Pressing a key on your keyboard should now trigger the Instrument's sound... Cheers Rounik
  • No Sound
    nothing shows up on the drop down menu
  • Rounik Admin
    So you click once and wait OR click and hold on the highlighted area of the channel strip (as shown in the pic below) of a SI track and nothing shows up at all? [img]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4443/picture8lt4.png[/img] Does a menu appear? If a menu appears do you see any names of instruments, e.g. EFM1, EXS24, Ultrabeat etc?
  • No Sound
    i have been doing all that. The only thing i can do with those instruments is use the caps lock keyboard. is there a way i can use my Micron instead of the caps lock keyboard with the instruments.
  • Rounik Admin
    what audio interface are you using?
  • Zihymua
    Hi i think this is not a midi problems, if i am ok this Micron have quarter inch jack output so it is audio not midi
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alrobi, Thanks! I'm a bit confused, as in my post on 14th Jan, I said: "Connect the Micron to your Mac/audio interface using the MIDI connections" Later "No Sound" said he had done this and the other steps in my post... So, the big question is does the Micron have MIDI out capabilities and/or USB? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: