macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Harvoir
    Motu 828 Mk II
    I'm showing levels going into my souncard and hearing it but i'm not seeing a signal into my audio track, i.e it's not recording my audio input? Help? Is there a menu in logic 8 to determine my inputs? stephen thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Motu 828 Mk II
    Hi Stephen, Have you set up the Motu as your audio device in Logic? Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Devices] What input are you using on the Motu? Make sure that you try the different inputs listed under I/O in the Audio track's Channel strip. Is the Audio Track Record Enabled? Click on the little R. It should turn red. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Harvoir
    my audio device is set to my motu i've got my sh101 into my mixer and then into my input 1 & 2 into the motu. my input is set to 1 & 2 in my logic audio track. The R is checked and flashing...arrgh! I can hear it but don't see any levels!
  • Rounik Admin
    what is an sh101? It sounds like you have turned "software monitoring" off? Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Devices]
  • Harvoir
    An sh101 is an analogue monosynth, software monitoring is turned on..thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Have you tried opening a new project and trying this? Also, can you please list your Logic version and OS X version.
  • Harvoir
    logic 8.02 & 10.5.6 osX It must have something to do with my souncards inputs. i have 8 analogue inputs, where do i see these in logic? I must have messed with something when i first installed logic. Bear in mind that i've onlt just turned MAC & logic from PC & cubase very recently..
  • Rounik Admin
    Open the Mixer and choose: Options > I/O Labels... You can see the Ins and Outs and rename them. In: Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI setup you can setup your sound card too. On your Motu do you have other inputs names 1 and 2? e.g. and xlr input or two? Also, make sure you have the latest driver for your MOTU and I think the MOTU comes with Cue Mix software... That might be the way to see what input OS X is recognizing as the incoming signal.
  • Rounik Admin
    Also, in Logic's Mixer try this: - select the channel strip (e.g. audio 1) - Click where under I/O where it shows Input 1-2. - From the list select different pairs of inputs - Each time you select a new pair make sure the track is record enabled and test out whether you can hear and see the signal coming in. Cheers Rounik
  • Harvoir
    sorted, i set my inputs to 3 & 4 and it worked..great..a million thanks for your advice and help. Top man! Stephen
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: