macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Humble Tafari
    Mixdown issues in Logic Express
    Hey folks, When I try and run effects on the mixer, the effects mute when I mute a track also. for example, Say I want to add delay to a snare, then when I mute out the snare, I would expect the delay effect to still run, but it doesn't. The delay mutes completely. this neve happened when i use to have cubase. Is there a setting i am not using correctly? I admit i am new to Logic express, so still learning it. Regards
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mixdown issues in Logic Express
    Hi Humble Tafari, There are 3 main ways to mute/solo in Logic. You may be interested to read my post in the following thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=12604&sid=#12606[/url] By clicking the Mute on the Channel strip, Logic completely shuts off the audio signal from that channel. This saves on cpu processing. So, it's good to know that if you mac is struggling with too many tracks/plug-ins, muting at channel strip level should help. Anyway, what I'd recommend doing is sending some of the snare track's signal to a Bus, and on the associated Aux place the delay plug-in. If you need further help in how to do this let me know ;-) Rounik
  • Humble Tafari
    Hey Rounik, thanks for the quick response. Ok, i sent my snare to bus 1. Then i added delay to the relevent aux. but nothing was coming from that track. I did not even see any meters moving. I know i am doing something obviously wrong. thanks in advance thus far
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi When you send from say Audio 1 to Bus 1, there's a little round knob that appears next to the send slot on Audio 1. By default it is set to 0 (no signal will be sent to the Aux). Move the knob to change the amount of the snare signal sent to the bus. You can then automate the send value offline or in real time... Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Humble Tafari
    Yes, it did help, thanks for all your support.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: