macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    multi channels with the exs
    Hello, I don't know if I have asked this before but I have been viewing some TNT tutorials about multi channels using the Stylus RMX. I was thinking it would be great to be able to use different filter settings for various groups in the exs without splitting into tracks in order to get different sounds for each drum sound.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: multi channels with the exs
    Hi Alan, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "different filter settings for various groups in exs". What were you hoping to achieve using the RMX TNT techniques... and which TNT technique in particular? Do you mean using transformers & faders in the environment to have control over the EXS24's parameters? Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, thanks for writing back. What I was wanting to do is use different settings on the front panel for different drum groups through modulation routing slider section. I may have the name wrong. If you use the same settings it effects kick drum Snare drum, High Hat, Symbols and so on. Sense we have different outputs it would make sense to assign them to different settings so that we have control over the different drum sounds. These would e Cutoff, Drive, Resonance, Key and LFO and the other controls by assigning them to external tracks like we have seen done with the non logic plugins, or through the different outputs available through the multi outputs instance of the EXS 24. I started tracing along with the example found in TNTs August tutorial by adding them with a multi instrument but there's no option to assign the channels to the different external tracks or modulation routing sliders section. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, I see what you mean. It's not possible for one instance of an EXS24 to have different settings (on the front panel) for different zones or groups of it's sampler instrument. What you can do is to open a Multi EXS24, in the EXS24 Instrument Editor, route the different zones or groups to different outputs. Go to the Mixer, click on the + button (bottom right) on EXS24's channel strip to create an Aux for each EXS24 output. Now place different effect plug-ins on each Aux to change the effects of just the snare or kick or HH for example. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, thanks for letting me know. I was just interested in the assigning the strips. The ones that have the drop down menu below the filter settings. if that was possible to route to different outputs, hat would be useful. I do know how to do the aux tracks though. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Alan, It's a good idea to be able to do set different modulation settings in the EXS24 or even whole presets to different Groups in the Sampler Instrument. Something like Omnisphere or RMX can do... would be great. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: