macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mmusic88
    MIDI regions to Audio ...
    Hi All, I am working on a session in Logic, and I am trying to convert my midi regions into audio files, but whenever I do that by choosing exporting from the menu, all midi regions increase in volume even when I have them really low before doing the conversion. If I try bouncing each of the tracks separately it works, but takes longer, and I want to be able to take advantage of converting all regions to audio files at once. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate it. Thanks. cheers,
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MIDI regions to Audio ...
    Hi Fvs, I've tried to replicate your issue... but it works fine for me. When you convert MIDI regions to audio are you choosing: File > Export > Export region as audio file ? Do you have any track volume automation on the track? Do you have any region automation (hyper draw) on the MIDI regions? Do you have any effects on the Output 1-2 channel strip? Cheers Rounik
  • mmusic88
    Hey Rounik, Thanks for your help. Yes, I did what you said. I took all the effects and dynamics from the output strip, and any automation, but it doesn't seem to take the changes 'cause it behaves the same way when converting to audio regions. Then, I open a whole new session and tried to do this without putting any effects on the tracks and worked great. Is there any way to get rid completely of the effects on my first session? Fvs
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fvs, When you say "get rid completely of the effects on my first session" do you mean to: - remove the effect plug-ins on each channel strip, - bypass the effects on the channel strips or - remove the automation from the tracks? BTW, what kind of automation are you using (track or hyperdraw)? Cheers Rounik
  • mmusic88
    Well, I did all of that... removing effects from the channel strips, and/or bypassing and deleting track automation, but when converting to audio they still get affected by these parameters. thanks, Fvs
  • Rounik Admin
    Have you recorded volume hyper draw to the region by mistake? Also, does this happen in a new project? Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Guys, If you 'Option Click' on all your Plug Ins, including any you have on the Output, this should 'Grey' them out - Mute them in other words -, and you should have a 'Clean' sample... Also make sure Normalise is unchecked in the bounce window... Hope this helps, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:26194]Hi Guys, If you 'Option Click' on all your Plug Ins, including any you have on the Output, this should 'Grey' them out - Mute them in other words -, and you should have a 'Clean' sample... Also make sure Normalise is unchecked in the bounce window... Hope this helps, Bj[/quote] Hi Bj, It's not a bypassing issue from what I can see. This is about converting MIDI regions to audio regions, preferably using the Export function, not Bouncing the regions to audio... Are you able to replicate this issue on your system Bj? Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik, YES... and it's a sneaky little thing.. had me scratching my head for a little while, but then I realised that the Volume was the Key... On the newly created Audio (from Midi) files their Mixer Fader Volumes were all set to ZERO db... Once I Matched the Audio Fader Volumes to the Original Midi Files Fader Volumes all was as it should be... A nice little exercise... : ) Cheers, Bj : )
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bj, Well spotted. The level meter is usually where it's at! I tend to set my level meters to 0dB when exporting to new audio files.... Fvs, has this solved your issue? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: