macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Harvoir
    Moving notes in Logic 8
    I'm sure this is an easy one, so here goes. Say i play a bassline/lead into the sequencer and open my piano roll, if i want to move a note i just grab it and drag. It seems to copy the note, also the copied noted doesn't show a velocity bar as the original? Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Moving notes in Logic 8
    Hi Harvoir, To copy a note in the Piano roll you hold down the Option key and drag it. To move a note just drag it. The velocity should stay be copied or moved in both situations. What version of OSX, Logic etc etc are you using? Please can you add this info to your profile in "Forum Settings" on the right of the forum screen under the Search Forum area. Thanks Rounik
  • Harvoir
    mmmm. strange. When i grab and move it copies but doesn't copy velocity. I 've just discivered that if i shift, select and grab it copies...Thanks for the input anyway..I'm using MACBOOK pro 2.4GHZ - 2 GIG RAM - OSC 10.5.6
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Harvoir, This is strange behaviour 8-) Is this also the case in new Logic projects? Have you by chance changed the modifier keys in your System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse [Modifier Keys...]? It should look something like this: [img]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2585/picture2eh9.png[/img] Cheers Rounik
  • Harvoir
    My settings are identical..Strange, at least i found a way around it though. Thanks
  • Harvoir
    Sorry to jump back to this thread. Would it matter if i used a PC mouse? Funny enough, i am!
  • Rounik Admin
    It shouldn't make a difference, many mac users use non-Apple mice... What mouse is it exactly? Try using your trackpad on your MBP... that should work fine... and then if you have another mouse you can test, try that too. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: