macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mikey52
    Re: Upgrade to Leopard...
    Here's even one more bit of information that might help! I went back and reloaded the Apogee Ensemble and the USB based controller. And then I went and started up Mainstage just to see what would happen. It not only booted up just fine, it loaded all the 200 something 3rd party plugins that are on this computer. Controller worked fine and sound was great coming out of the Apogee Ensemble. So go figure.... hope it helps with your diagnosis
  • Cajypiu
    Kia Ora Guys, thought another country might help bridge the time zones! Just to clarify, have you returned your components folder to it's original place? What might be going on is that Logic is being a bit tantrumy with some of your 3rd party plugs. Rounik's right about upgrading Tiger to Leopard rather than fresh installs. It's not the most reliable way of doing it... and Waves are well known for their license quirkiness.... as much as their price! When you're booting up Logic in 'Safe' mode, it won't have access to an audio engine so won't be able to power the plugins and instruments hence appearing with a red line through them. Start with hardware first. Get the soundcard working in other things like iTunes, Quicktime videos.. make sure the Operating system is happy with your sound card.... as well as your Quicktime. Amazing what effect that thing has! Nice card too by the way. Then turn to the plug ins. Make sure you have the latest version of them all... and have your serial numbers handy.... and a comfy seat.... and an internet connection. You might have to register everything again. Once all of that is double checked, try things like GarageBand and Mainstage... make sure you can't get them to fall over then you know it must be a logic thing. That's when we can look at moving your 3rd party plugs and see how logic goes then... one by one :) Keep us posted. Cheers, John
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Guys, Back to GMT then... ;-) Everything Yadj (John) said eerily accurate :) Core Audio is as the name suggests the way sound/audio works on your Mac. If you bypass it (as we did to check that Logic itself was working ok) then you will not be able to access plug-ins or channel strip settings etc etc. and I'd rather not add extra advice on top until you try out GB etc and follow the steps one by one.... except, I feel like contradicting myself... Go to Applications/Audio Unit Scan and run it. Let us know the results. Cheers Rounik
  • mikey52
    [quote:19107] I went back and reloaded the Apogee Ensemble and the USB based controller. And then I went and started up "MAINSTAGE" just to see what would happen. It not only booted up just fine, it loaded all the 200 something 3rd party plugins that are on this computer. Controller worked fine and sound was great coming out of the Apogee Ensemble. You guys did see this right? That I did open up Mainstage? And all the plugins worked? Including 3rd Party? I put this up last night. i'm gonna try to open the AU manager for you Rounik
  • mikey52
    Not seeing this Audio Unit Scan in my applications... is it called something else? Gonna try opening Garage Band while I wait for you guys to get back to me See if that opens up ok like mainstage did //// I tried to open Garage Band, and it just stayed on the "Initializing" and I ended up having to force quit and get away from that pinwheel of death. Tried Logic too just for the hell of it. It "Unexpectedly Quit" same spot. So Mainstage - Yes Logic and Garage Band - No
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes - I did see the Mainstage post - didn't figure that in my answer. sorry. Don't worry about the Au Scan. I think we need to approach this in a different way. OK. Well, I'm thinking that the best (but most time consuming and difficult) thing to do would be to wipe everything and start again. But BEFORE we approach that I'd suggest you try re-installing Logic from the original discs. But DO NOT install the extra content. so when you insert the disc in and choose the path/destination, choose Options... so you can specify which aspects of Logic Studio you want to install. De-select everything except the Logic Pro application. Also, copy your preference .plist file mentioned in the earlier post and the .cs file to a safe place and backup your presets and channel strip settings etc folders as a precaution: Users/username/Library/Application Support/ Logic/ Let us know how you get on. Rounik
  • mikey52
    Hey! Sorry I had to grab some sleep even if it was for a couple hours. I will jump right on this. Do I have to uninstall Logic? Or do I just put the disk in and go?
  • Rounik Admin
    You should be able to just put the disc in and go. Can't test it now... If not, simply delete the logic file in the applications folder. Cheers Rounik
  • mikey52
    alright, I'll just put the disk in and cross my fingers
  • mikey52
    well..... no good I put this disk in. Installed Logic Pro only. and then after the download, restarted, fired it up, and crashed at the same spot. I didn't delete the icon out of the applications folder, maybe that would help, But we may have to move to Stage 3... What's the move
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: