macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Upgrade to Leopard...
    Hi mike First have you backed up all your important files and folders to an ext. Drive? Did you say that you had cloned your system prior to upgrading to Leopard? Cheers Rounik
  • mikey52
    No I haven't backed everything up And no I haven't cloned my system. I don't even know how to do that. My other question would be, can I revert back to Tiger? I mean this Leopard garbage just isn't worth it Or what do you think would be the best move?
  • mikey52
    Figured it out!!!!!!! Apparently its a melodyne plugin problem that happens with this leopard business. I moved it out of its folder and everything is running like a dream. Rounik and YADJ thank you soo so much for all your input (from New Zealand and the UK, way to be international help) hit me up if either of you are in Hollywood anytime soon. Ciao
  • Rounik Admin
    Phew! Glad you did try moving the components from the folder before I suggested a massive re-install! I thought you'd already moved all the plug-ins out of the ... well never mind! I'm very glad it's ok... But, (I feel like a school teacher wagging his finger now) please, please, please backup your system regularly to an ext. Firewire drive & especially when upgrading software! Use an app like Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your system: [url]http://bombich.com/ccc[/url] and Time Machine (in Leopard) to backup your files to a separate drive. See if you can get more info on the latest version of Melodyne on the Celemony website. Anyway, have a good one mate and enjoy Leopard ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • mikey52
    Yeah thanks again Rounik. And just for the general public, in case they run into a similar situation: It was a very specific file folder HD/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire And you take all the contents of that Rewire folder and move them somewhere else (I just created a folder on my desktop). Then run Logic and you should be good to go. I'll look into the situation with Melodyne and see what the scoop is with an update for their plugin with Leopard Pheeeeeew!!!!! for real Cheers to you
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh, Of Course!!! Melodyne uses Rewire (!) .... Ugh! I noticed you didn't mention Reason or Abelton Live and so I didn't mention Rewire.... I think you may need to visit the Propellerheads website to get the latest version - but I'm sure all the info is on the Celemony website... Take care, Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, good to hear it got sorted! I second backing up! Time machine is pretty good too as it won't compress anything when it does back things up so you can navigate through the backed up files quite easily both through the browser and the fancy back in space time interface thing. What version of melodyne are you on by the way? Are you using the melodyne bridge plug in? They upgraded it not so long ago and I have Leopard on my computer and it seems to be working absolutely fine? All the best though guys :) Cheers, John
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: