macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jycyxyo
    after adding loops to Logic 8...can't find them?
    Hi Everyone, Just tried adding some folders with loops in them to the loop browser in Logic8, as per Martin's great Logic 8 101 Tutorial, vid No. 71. All went according to plan...I dragged and dropped the loops into Logic, then I chose 'Move To Loops Folder' etc..the loops were copied (I checked the origianl folder and found they had been moved to Logic perfectly, and they show up in the Logic Directory as they should). However, when I now go to 'View', and 'Show all', only the preset loop folders that came with Logic 8 are visible...there is no 'Other' section, so I can't get to the new loops I added! Very strange. Any ideas anyone? Thanks from freezing London :) Adrian
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: after adding loops to Logic 8...can't find them?
    Hi Adrian, Are yous sure there is no text still present in the Loop search field (top of loop browser)? Are any of the Loop filter buttons highlighted (darker grey)? Is it possible the signature and/or scale filters are blocking the loops from being seen? Have you tried searching for the loops by name in Logic's Loop Browser? Cheers from just as cold and possibly more windy than London, Bristol ;) Rounik
  • Jycyxyo
    Hi Rounik Thanks for your reply.. Yes indeed, I am 100% sure that a) no text present as you ask b) no highlighted fields c)scale and signature filters are on their general default settings, ie 'Any' and '4/4'.. I have typed in loads of names of the files but none come up. Also tried this in the browser and in library. I am 100% stumped...because I can see that they are loaded in the Logic directory..! But not showing up in the loops window at all... Have fun in Bristol :) Adrian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adrian, Have you tried searching by genres/ instrument and category in the Loop Browser? Have you restarted your Mac and tried searching again? In the Loop Browser you have the VIEW set to "Show all"? But if you click on the View can you see your collection of Apple Loops listed at the bottom of the drop down menu? Cheers Rounik
  • Jycyxyo
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for your reply..! Yes I have tried all combinations of searches Yes have restarted several times Yes the loop browser is set to 'Show All'...and when I click on View I can see listed: Garageband --------- Apple Loops For Soundtrack Pro Jam Pack 1 Jam Pack Remix Tools Jam Pack Rhythm Section Jam Pack Symphony Orchestra Jam Pack World Music and nothing else! as per Martin's vid (see previous above please), right here there ought to be a line ---------------------- and then the names of the 3 separate loop folders that I imported. But they are nowhere, even though they show up perfectly in the Logic directory, namely /Users/adrianzag/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops I am completely flummoxed. Could it be because they are all .wavs? Or is this a red herring? Thanks again...if you are confused, maybe Martin S might know? Best wishes Adrian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adrian, Have you tried reindexing the loop browser, specifically with these unseen loops? Add the loop folder again to the Loop Browser as per the way shown in the tutorial video. Wait until Logic tells you that it is/has reindex(ed) the loops. Cheers Rounik
  • Jycyxyo
    Hi Rounik Thanks again for yours...I tried what you told me, but I think I may have found the answer...the 'loop' folder I imported is a random folder I had collected over the years. It's full of .wavs And it isn;t full of 'Apple Loops', just ordinary loops. Isn't it correct maybe, that I have to convert each and every one of them to apple loops first before I they register in the loop browser?? If this is so it's bad news...cos there are 300 of them....! Is there a quick way of doing this? Thanks again! best wishes Adrian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: