macProVideo.com
Forums
  • geraberl
    Re: Logic Node
    Hi Rounik Yes, I followed to a T the video and that was the first thing I did when loading LN onto my MacBook, I idid a software update and the MacBook is running on 10.5.6 like my MacPro. I have read some other threads here which has made me wonder whether it might in fact be the something to do with the Ethernet Cable I'm using, I read it needs to be at least Cat5 (whatever that means) or above, or a 'crossover' cable, neither of which I'm sure the one I'm using is. So I'm just gonna nip out to my local Radioshack and see what I can pick up and give it another whirl. I'll keep you and this thread posted on my continuing endeavors :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Gerald, That was the next thing I was going to suggest: The Cable! Try a different cable, specifically the CAT5... So, any joy with the new cable? :) Rounik
  • geraberl
    Hi Rounik As of this morning, still no joy. Made sure to get a top quality CAT5 ethernet cable, same story, dark gray buttons with dark green arrows. Everything is set up just as the video instructed, not sure what's next. cheers g
  • geraberl
    I think Apple certainly know how to put the word 'No' in Node!!
  • Cajypiu
    Hummmm.... by software updates, it is absolutely crucial that the Logic NODE software is at it's absolute latest.. and that Logic is also at it's latest. Not sure if that gets picked up in your software update to triple check it. One thing that could be worth trying, unless you haven't installed it already, is to trying running logic from your laptop, or from the G4 for the setup in the earlier post, and using the Mac Pro as the node farm. When it was first introduced, it was more successful to have the G4 as the master and the G5 as the farm.... don't ask me why! Does that make any difference? When they say use a crossover cable that was back in the day when ethernet ports weren't designed to connect laptop to laptop so you had to change a few pins around. These days, the computer does it for you, even on the G4s, so a normal Cat5 and above ethernet cable is fine. Cheers, j
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: