macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Final Mix OUTPUT CHANNEL Plug-Ins
    Heh Rounik, everyone: How ya doin? Do you have or use certain plug-ins on your final mix OUTPUT CHANNEL strip? Are there any plug-ins that you constantly use that you find work well together on the final mix? I mean, in general, for a nice clean fat sound? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Final Mix OUTPUT CHANNEL Plug-Ins
    Hi Jodie, Well thanx. And you? This is a difficult question to answer as it really really depends IMHO on the music you are making etc... and whether you are talking about 3rd party plug-ins or Logic's built-in plug-ins? I tend to use nothing on the output when mixing. Perhaps I'll keep an adlimiter there and bypass it when needed. When do a rough master I'll usually stick adlmiters, maybe compressor, multipressor, might wanna adjust the EQ - so a linear EQ... often I'll start with monitoring plug-ins like the Multimeter. Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    I tend to mix in to a compressor to help gel things. I sometimes but a stereo spreader on the master out.... but I try and stay away from sticking too many limiters and and compressors on master out as I'll leave that for mastering. I also think it's quite important to concentrate on getting the mix as good as it can be without plugin surgery 'afterwards' if you know what I mean. Cheers, j
  • Jehubyi
    Hi YADJ, Thanks for the advice. Are you saying that you try and keep the OUTPUT CHANNEL strip clean without any plug-ins (or you at least try to), and then you put whatever plug-ins you want/need when mastering (for example, in Waveburner)? Thanks. Jodie
  • AbbeyRhodes
    It's a good idea to keep the output channel clean while mixing. Don't put a compressor on the bus because you'll have to take it off for the mastering stage, and if you mixed with it on, your mix will get all screwed up when you take it off. Also a Logic compressor on the master bus does not sound good at all. Best bet is to resist temptation and not touch the master bus until you've finished your mix. Then bounce it down and work with the two channel stereo file(s). When i do rough "mastering" jobs for non critical demos, etc. I use a combination of izotope Ozone and PSP Vintage warmer. I don't consider myself a mastering engineer by any means, but i can get a very good sound out of these two, mainly just because i've been playing around with them for a while now. These two plugins tend be very heavy on the CPU too, so i'd only really use them on in a two channel situation.
  • Jehubyi
    Hi AbbeyRhodes, How ya doin? Nice to meet you:) Thanks for the advice:) I'm googling right now about those plug-ins (I don't have them); I just have logic's plug-ins so far. Thanks again. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: