macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Humble Tafari
    Recording my mix
    This is another newbie question of course. But now that i am ready to record my mix, just exactly how do i record it using LE? Do i send the output of a master to another virtual track? I would like to mix it live as i am recording. When i had hardware, my mixer would be connected to an Adat recorder. So how to i route the mixer output to my drive so i can have a recorded mix. Any help appreciated again. Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording my mix
    Hi Humble, If I understand you correctly, you have one or more tracks in LE and you want to mix them while recording them to a single audio file? There's many ways to do this. Generally most people would mix the the track use automation to record the changes in pan, volume, different plug-in parameter changes etc then bounce the mix to a single audio file: File > Bounce... ---- In real time you can do this too. Let's say you have 4 tracks. Open the Mixer. On each tracks' channel strip send to the same bus (e.g. Bus 10) and set the amount of send to unity gain. Create a new audio track. Set it's Input to Bus 10 (or the Bus you used above). Record enable the new audio track. Press Record and mix away! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: