macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    guitar rig 3
    Hi to all I have ask this before but now it is a 2 part question.1st when you try to load guitar rig as a software instrument in logic and you go to the Native inst drop down shouldn't guitar rig be listed there. I can only find it under the next menu down called midi fx when I opened it then the program came up,I was pretty sure I had seen it under the NI drop down,anyway I still can't get any sound from guitar rig. I have the prefrences set to my interface which is a presonsus fire studio. I have watched Scotts video on on to load samples but still nothing. Thanks ahead TT
  • Cajypiu
    Re: guitar rig 3
    Hi TNT, you're right, Guitar Rig should be listed in the instrument folder and effects folder as it is both an effect as well as a sound generator. Can you see the Guitar Rig component in your user/ system library> Audio>Plug ins>Component folder? It should be in there. You might also want to check out Logic's AU manager to make sure it is selected and also triple check you have the latest/ right version for your operating system. Incidentally, can you get Guitar Rig to open standalone... i.e NOT as a plug in within Logic? Have you run NI's service center to make sure everything is activated and tickety boo?? Cheers, John
  • Rounik Admin
    This is interesting, I downloaded the Guitar Rig 3 demo from the NI website... and you're right TNT, GR3 is only available as an Insert effect or as an AU MIDI Controlled effect on a SI I/O slot... There is a GR3 component in the HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Component folder In the Audio Units Manager there is only the Guitar Rig 3 FX (effect) and Guitar Rig 3 MFX (MIDI Controlled Effect). Does GR3 actually produce it's own sound or is it simply a guitar amp? Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Interesting indeed. The main sound generator that I can think of is the tape player recorder thing. You can jam along to riffs you import or record yourself doing rhythm and then play lead on top. Check to see if that's in there and if it is, if it still works when inserted as an effect??
  • Cajypiu
    OK.... I was wrong! Serves me right for writing without checking. I always used to be able to insert Guitar Rig 2 as an instrument.. but you're both right, Guitar Rig 3 is only an effect. That tape loop thing is still there as a component but whether or not this is conclusive or not, I just tried to load up an audio file to play back in it, and it crashed logic! Go figure.
  • Bezilyo
    Ok so the answer is it is an effects plug in and you access it in the fx menu of logic,is that correct? any clue why I can't get no sound? thanks TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi TT, Have you placed it on a SI track or an Audio Track? A quick test: Create an audio track. Open the loop browser and drag any loop onto the audio track. Play it back. You should be able to hear it. Open an instance of GR3 FX as an insert on that audio track and choose Bank and sound setting. Make sure, that the Mute Sounds button on the Tuner in GR3's rack isn't active. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: