macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bongolicious
    midi setup with dr880
    how would I set this process up?? have a boss dr880 that I have some beats programed on both brum and bass lines. How would i record syncing both the midi and audio into Logic??? How would I set it up so there was one master so all I do is hit record and the tempos will be synced and then pull audio out of the boss machine cuz i like its drum banks and they will be quantitzed and then have the capabilities to use effect plug ins on these audio tracks??? any help please on setting this process up/// Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: midi setup with dr880
    Hi Bongolicious, Check out this thread and the links within it: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=13858&sid=#13864[/url] Let me know if you need further help. Cheers Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    checked out your threads, but those dont seem to help me out??? have dr880 going midi into logic and also have the audio out of the dr880 running into my saffire pro 40. Im trying to assign either logic or the beatmachine as the master and the other as the slave therefore being able to start stop and record from the master. the dr880 is set to auto so it will recognize logic as the master, played around with different midi settings in the global preference to no avail???? wanting to pull midi and audio into logic simultaneously . any help on these steps???
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh, I meant to post this link too: [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=3913[/url] That should do the trick (despite being for Logic 7, the process is pretty similar). If you need more help let me know :) Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    confusing to me??
  • Christian L
    Hey guys! :) To sync your drum machine to follow logic tempo you will need to check the following settings : 1. In Logic 8, go to File>Project settings>Synchronization>General. Make sure Sync Mode is set to "Internal". 2. Go to the Midi tab. Click Destination 1 and choose the Midi port that is connected to your Drum Machine. You'll probably need to make other settings on your drum machine. Logic will be the Master and your drum machine should be the Slave. When you start your Logic song, your drum machine will sync to the tempo of Logic. Please try this and let me know if it helps! Christian
  • Bongolicious
    no luck??
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bongolicious Please can you give us more details about what you are doing and what exactly happens...or doesn't happen. Thanks Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    I now have the dr880 set as the master because it seems to be the slower device and now my next step is to set up an audio track and have the midi info pull the audio out of the dr880 inorder for all to be in sync and quantitized and have full mixing capabilities of external dr880 machines sounds??? have the dr880's audio running into my saffire pro 40 what next??? any help thanks
  • Christian L
    Logic Pro needs to be the Master and your DR-880 the Slave because Logic can't receive MIDI Clock synchronization signals. It won't work the other way around. The DR-880 has an "Auto" Sync mode that can switched between Slave and Master mode automatically. Just set your DR-880 to "Auto" mode and start playback in Logic. Your DR-8880 will be set to Slave mode and will follow your Logic song. Please try this and let me know if it works. We'll deal with the audio issue when you're able to get the drum machine synced properly. Let us know how it goes! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: