macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bongolicious
    Re: midi setup with dr880
    It worked THIS TIME because my Dumb A__ did not have the second midi cable running out of pro 40 in to dr880 Yeah I know, so on to the audio track??? thanks. How to have the midi pull audio out of dr880
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bongolicious, Great you've got the MIDI side working! Onto the audio side. Connect a cable from the line/audio out of your DR880 into the inputs of your audio interface. Record enable an audio track and record it. Cheers Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    Im wanting or hoping to have the quantitzed midi track pull the audio out onto an audio track, not manually press play cuz the timing will always be off? is this possible? and how would one seperate each channel of midifor example hi hat, kick, snare et.c then route the corresponding audio onto seperate audio tracks o have complete independence and control over the mix?? The directions for logic dont touch this! the most info Iv gotten was off of youtube!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bongolicious, This document might also be useful for you: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3330[/url] To convert a MIDI performance of an external instrument to audio: - record the MIDI from the dr880 into Logic. - Solo the track - Choose File > Bounce... and select "realtime" - Bounce the track to audio and drag it in from the Audio Bin or wherever you bounced it onto an audio track in Logic. To separate hh's, kicks, etc... there are a couple of ways. This is one: - You've recorded your dr880 as a MIDI region. Select the region. - Choose Region > Split/Demix > Demix by note pitch You can then solo each track and bounce it to audio to have separate hh, kick, snare, toms etc... Cheers Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    great! now when I choose region split/demix by note pitch and the try to solo a track it solos all of the sub tracks @ once?? as a group not individually?? appreciate all of your help!!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, That's because there are two main different solo setups in Logic 8, one where the channel strip and track in Arrange have separate solo/mutes and one where they are combined: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [General] You can set mute/solo mode as CPU-saving (slow response)... That should do it! Also, there are a number of different ways to solo/mute in Logic. e.g. you can solo the following independently if you wish: - channel strips (press the S button on CS) - track (press the S on the track header) - Region (press "S" on your keyboard after selecting a region or use the solo tool) If you're interested, the Core Logic 101: Logic 8 tutorial by Martin Sitter covers this and much, much more. It really is fantastic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Let me know if it works for you or not :) Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    allowed me to solo individual sub folder, but was still hearing full pattern out of dr880. Maybe I need to back up a little, I am really confused on how to set the dr880 up in environments window, found people sharing environment windows but no luck with the roland Boss DR.880 and all its patches? Im just confused on this process and the manual is a little vague as well as the post and youtube threads. These processes really drain any artistic blood!!!! Sorry to burden
  • Christian L
    You may be hearing the whole pattern because you have sync Mode still "On"... so the pattern is playing from your DR-880, not from the Logic sequencer. Just set the SYNC mode to "Internal" (on your DR-880) and you should only hear the MIDI notes playing from Logic. Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: