macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Hyperdraw in the Score Window
    Hello, does anyone know how the Hyperdraw function can work in the score window? When I select it from the view menu inside the score window it is greyed out.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Hyperdraw in the Score Window
    Hi Alan, You can't use HyperDraw if multiple regions on more than one track are selected. Check that you have only one region selected by clicking on the background of the Arrange page and then selecting the desired region again. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, thanks for the post. I did try that and also even made a score window of a single instrument and it didn't work. Sincerely, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, That's odd. I can get i to work here ok. However, I have found that if I select a region and then open the Score and select View > HyperDraw > the items can be greyed out. Using my technique from above of deselecting all regions by clicking on the background of the Arrange and then selecting the desired region brings the HyperDraw options back again. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, hello how are you I did try this suggestion. In the arrange if you select the region then in the score the staff is selected but the note events are not. To select the events you must drag across the staff. I did a few things to see if I could get it to work. First I tried it in a new project without midi events added some with the pencil tool and selected the events in the score window and it worked. I went back to the original project and when selecting the region in the arrange it didn't select the region in the score and when deselecting it in the score - clicking the staff it didn't click but selecting all note events - dragging across then the hyper edit drop down was not grayed out. I was also curious about channels so I changed back the instrument from surround to inputs 1 and 2. That had no effect. The current version of the project will not do hyper draw in the arrange window no matter what. This could be more of a tech issue than user for the forum. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, You don't need to select the MIDI events in the Score... just the region in the Arrange area. Try - Selecting a region. - Opening it in the Score Editor. - Check if you can use Hyperdraw. If not: - Click in the Arrange Area's background to DEselect any/all regions. - Click on a MIDI region. The Score should show you the contents of that region. - Try using HyperDraw in the Score. If it's still grayed out... then if you want you can upload your project and I'll try it on my system... Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    One other thing I forgot to ask: Have you got the Score Editor's Link mode set to "Content Link"? (yellow): [img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7710/picture2vt1.png[/img]
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, oh there's a drop down. I found it thanks. I just usually click the link button but I didn't know there's a drop down. It works now. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, Great! glad you got it working :) Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, thanks for your help. I why I didn't find the drop down before.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: