macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hexapye
    exs 24 and project manager
    hi, i reinstalled logic 8 last night and i loaded my samples in my external harddisk.from the exs preferences i checked ''search on external drives'' but the sample libraries i loaded didnt show up in the exs drop down menu.i tried to find the project manager to set the path for my samples but it seems it doesnt exist anymore in logic 8.I dont know what to do.i want all my samples and sampler instruments to be only in my external harddisk.if there is a way to keep the samples and sampler instruments that comes with logic in the external drive i would like to do that,too.if this is not possible is it going to affect the performance of my system to keep the samples in 2 different harddisks.i have to keep my own samples and sampler instruments in a seperate external disk.i d appreciate any help.thank you!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: exs 24 and project manager
    Hi myconoid Logic needs to know where the Sampler Instrument files are. The EXS24 samples and sampler instruments you create are by default stored in: Username/Library/Application Support/Logic Logic's own samples & sampler instruments are stored: HD/Library/Application Support/Logic To move your sampler instruments and corresponding samples to an external drive: 1. On the External Drive make a folder called Sampler Instruments & one called Samples. 2. Move the desired samples/sampler instruments from the location(s) above within the corresponding folders on the Ext drive. 3. Create aliases for all the sampler instruments which are in the sampler instruments folder on your External drive and drag them into the sampler instrument folder on your mac's HD (or to your User account if you only want one user to have access to them). 4. In the EXS24 you should see them listed. If not in the EXS24 click on the Sampler Instrument Menu (black bar) and choose "Refresh menu". Cheers Rounik
  • Hexapye
    thnx rounik i am not near my computer try your suggestions,but can i also move the original logic exs samples and sampler instruments to the external harddrive?when i make a new sampler instrument will it go to the external harddisk?if yes ,do i have to make an alias and move it to the mac hd everytime i add a new sample and sampler instrument?thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi myconoid, No problem. Yes, you can move the original exs samples and sampler instruments to the external HD and then create aliases for them and place them in the original location(s) on your Mac HD. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: