macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jitse
    EXS parameter settings gone in Pro 8 after creating new instr.
    Hi, Just created a new sampler instrument in logic pro 8's exs24 by edit, new instrument and loading several samples and a bit of tweaking. I choose save in the instrument menu. The instrument plays fine. Then after loading another sample instrument from the library, say a synth with filters on and then later loading the one instrument I just created, the parameter settings are gone, instead I now have all the parameter settings from the synth with filters on, while I didn't create the instrument with filters and other parameters have also remained on the synth setting. The parameters I created for the new instrument have just vanished. How can I make sure the parameters are saved together with the instrument as is the case for the other instruments. What am I missing here?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: EXS parameter settings gone in Pro 8 after creating new inst
    Hi Jitse, The EXS24 has two main elements that are independent: Sampler Instrument (all settings are within the exs24 Instrument editor window) & Playback Parameters (the settings on the face plate/front of the EXS24 interface). You select sampler instruments from the "Sampler Instrument field" (dark rectangle) However, a sampler instrument can have different filter settings, that are NOT saved with the sampler instrument by default. To save the playback parameter settings to the sampler instrument click on Options (on the EXS24 interface) and select "Save settings to instrument". Cheers Rounik
  • Jitse
    Rounik, Thanks so much, that works great! Never thought to look for that under the options menu.... Best, Jitse
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jitse, No problem. I've had the same issues myself in the past. My thanks goes to David Dvorin's excellent EXS24 tutorial ;) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8102[/url] Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: