macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mikey52
    Universal or complex algorithm
    Hey guys, I need to time stretch some guitar parts. Song is at 79 bpm and half way through production here, its looking like it's gonna be better at 81 or 82 bpm. The drums are all midi, so those will be fine. (Addictive Drums... such an amazing program) But wanted to know which algorithm to use for the guitars. Haven't cut the vocals yet so that's not a concern either. Although it would be nice to know which algorithm to use for those too, if a similar situation ever came up in the future. Thanks, M
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Universal or complex algorithm
    Hi Mikey, There are many ways to adjust tempo in Logic... You're right, any MIDI regions will automatically adjust to Logic's tempo. If you have recorded audio into the Logic project and you change tempo, you will notice the "follow tempo" option in the Region Parameter's area in the Inspector. For most purposes, using "follow tempo" will work well for small tempo changes...4/5bpm IMHO. You could also convert the audio loops/regions into Apple Loops and then they will automatically adjust to the tempo... If you want to change the tempo of an audio region using a "Time Machine Algorithm" I tend to use Universal for melodic content and percussive for beats... But, I'd recommend you try out the different settings and see what works best for you. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: