macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Musicgroover
    How to assign External Midi Controllers to control Hyper draw
    I'm looking for a way to control my midi regions inside Logic Pro 8. I have prepared my Orchestral Template in Logic using 5 Farm Computers with Eastwest samples and would like to assign External Midi Controllers to control Hyper draw automation parameters on the MIDI Regions such as: Velocity, and Continues Controller data as ( CC 11 etc.) ? The automation works great for internal plug-ins like EQ, but setting automation with midi regions not at all. Is this possible? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to assign External Midi Controllers to control Hyper d
    Hi Musicgroover & welcome to the forums :) First you need to set a knob/slider on your external MIDI controller to CC#11. Next, select the track, press record and move the slider/knob to record Hyperdraw. Once done select the track header and Merge the regions to make sure the Hyper Draw region is merged with the existing region. Is that what you are looking for? Cheers Rounik
  • Musicgroover
    Thanks for your reply. I've tried all sorts of method and Logic does not want to record any automation in the arrange window on a midi track. Do I need to open same window "controller assignments" as assigning logics internal parameters ? Could you please compare this with Macprovideos :Logic Pro 8 101-Automation- Video 193 and Logic TNT 2008 May video 70,CC Control Changes. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I don't understand what doesn't work for you? Please can you give us more detail! When you move a fader/control on your MIDI keyboard you should see a CC message in Logic's transport... Also, you should be able to set a fader/knob on your MIDI keyboard to transmit CC#3 independently from Logic... I don't have Eastwest... but in the manual do they recommend ways to automate the plug-in's parameters? If it is hyperdraw that you are hoping to record/create... then you should be able to do this with any MIDI controller. Have you looked at the TNT2 September edition which deals with multi timbral insts and an Eastwest "Play"...? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: