macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cusypue
    Arranger track
    Hi Guys Just a quick question I would like to know if there is anything similar to Arrange track (Cubase) in Logic pro 8 or if there is some lets say plug in (well) which does similar job would be nice to just have possibility to play around with arrangement by just for example pressing a number keys on your keyboard well any way Thanks
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Arranger track
    Kia Ora, not sure I understand the question here but are you referring to something like what Touch tracks does? For example, you can organise your arrangement in to intro, verse, chorus, verse etc... and you can pack folders relating to those sections. You can then assign a folder to a MIDI note using the touch tracks feature, allowing you to rearrange the composition by pressing different keys 'Live' as it were? Is that what you mean? Cheers, j
  • Cusypue
    ok how would i explain ,best is to imagine this scenario - you have couple of little arrangements (loops ) in one Logic arrange window you are not so sure how to make them blend or not so sure what should be a best order for them to play as a whole song(track) so you set up couple of points (loops) mark then 1,2,3..... and by pressing 1 you play loop(arrangement -1 ) or 2 and so on and on. so you could set up any order of your arrangement and experiment with what would be a best order to make(form) a track (song) i believe such function is also included in Albeton Live you basically experiment with your loops and play around without any need of copying or pasting manually this way you just pressing a keys and play around until you find your best set for a song hope this will help explain what i mean thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Touch Tracks would work - but would take a little time to set up. Logic doesn't yet have such a convenient way to do what you want... I'd personally use Folders, by arranging the 3 loops together on the same track (if they are audio loops or MIDI regions using the same instrument) then switch the Drag mode to "Shuffle Left" and drag a region on top of the other, e.g. region 2 on top of region 3 and watch them reposition themselves! Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Ah I see. Two alternatives would be to turn your arrangement segments in to loops, if Apple looped then they are available for other projects, and rearrange that way. Another alternative would be to put those segments in to a sampler, EXS24 is fine for this, and arrange away via your keyboard? Cheers, j
  • Cusypue
    yeah man very nice idea with EXS 24 i think that is simplest way to do it Thanks
  • Cajypiu
    No probs. When it comes to playing back live you might want to check out the quantise playback options too for triggering so you always get the samples to hit on the beat... unless you like a swing :)
  • Cusypue
    why not man bit of swing is always cool any way thanks man
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: