macProVideo.com
Forums
  • geraberl
    Bouncing in Realtime v. Offline update...
    Hello all Just wanted to update this. Last night I took the plunge and went through Steve H's 'Tips n Tricks August 2007 and March 2008' where he lays out creating Arpeggiators and MIDID Delays in the Environment. Fun exercises to recreate for sure. However, what Steve didn't cover off though was that once one has created the 'sound', how to bounce it so that Logic captures the Arpeggiator/MIDI Delay Line effects. As Steve mentions in the tutorials, one has to have the arrange window in 'play' for the effects to be heard whilst playing. When I went to bounce what I had created 'offline' the instruments where 'dry' with no arpeggio or delay effects to be heard. It's only when I bounced it in 'Realtime' that Logic captured these effects in the MP3. Just an example maybe of when one would need to bounce in Realtime versus Offline. best Gerald
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bouncing in Realtime v. Offline update...
    Hi Gerald, There are two main ways to use an Arpeggiator in Logic. 1 - (explained in August's TNT chapter 1) Cable it to a SI track, create a corresponding track for the ARP in the Arrange and record your part. Open the Piano and look inside. You'll se the notes you played on your keyboard only. e.g. if you played a C chord for 4 bars, you'll just see that chord). To bounce this to audio, yes you need to bounce in realtime for Logic to calculate the arpeggiation. (Is that even a real word ;-) 2 - (as shown in August TNT chapter 2) Create an Arpeggiator and cable it between the Physical Input and Sequencer Input. Record your C chord onto the Arp track in the Arrange and open the Piano roll for that region. Now you'll see lots of notes created (the actual arpeggiated note sequence), In this case you can bounce your results offline as Logic has already recorded the arpeggiated sequence as MIDI notes. Cheers Rounik
  • geraberl
    Re: Bouncing in Realtime v. Offline update...
    Great stuff Rounik Many thanks! Gerald
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: