macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    drums and guitar rig
    Hi Rounik TT here you probally remember a while back I wrote and said I could not get any sound from GR. You told me to record some audio and play the audio through GR. I did that and I did get sound. so can I only access GR when I channel audio through it, is that correct? Ok since I am getting sound I recorded a drum track and bussed it through GR and some pretty cool things started to happen can you give me some suggestions to take this farther, for instance can I do multiple tracks with effects and do I always have to use a bus or is there any thing I should keep in mind. Thanks TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: drums and guitar rig
    Hi TT, Guitar Rig is an effect plug-in. It doesn't have the ability to produce a sound source - but it does have the ability to effect an existing sound source. You can place GR as an insert plug-in on an audio track. You can also place GR as an insert plug-in on a SI track. So, try inserting an EXS24 on a SI track and select a guitar sample instrument from the EXS24. Now place GR as an insert on that track. Play a few notes - change some of the settings on GR to taste :) You can send from as many tracks as you wish to a Bus. On the corresponding Aux track place Guitar Rig as an insert plug-in and adjust the send values from the other channels to create some great effects. Using an insert on a Bus that is being sent to by say 10 channel strips is more efficient than placing 10 instances of GR on 10 channel strips. There are so many routing possibilities in Logic ---- WOW! It really depends on what kind of effects you want to achieve in your music! the Logic 101 video explores some of these: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] You may also be impressed with Logic's side chaining abilities (also covered in the above tutorial i think - do check out the contents first) and is taken to a more advanced level in Steve H's TNT series 1 (December videos): [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks[/url] Let me know if you have any further questions :) Thanks Rounik
  • Bezilyo
    Thank you for the advice It really does help. I will give it a whirl. Have a good weekend TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Enjoy the creative possibilities!!! Have a great weekend :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: