macProVideo.com
Forums
  • shane blyth
    Mainstage Memory in red but 1.5gb free !!
    I have 3gb of memory on my macbookpro OSX's activity monitor says i have 1.5gb free yet the little mainstage activity monitor goes into the red and if you hover over it it says something like 163meg free 85% used. Now I can see why this is. It only happens when i load a big patch in Omnishere under mainstage. I have double checked the but it regukarly shows memory in the red yet at least 1.25 to 1.5gb free in the system, I looked to see if there was somewhere to adjust memory usage in mainstage It seems like there is a limit to it which seems wierd cause I cant find anything in the settings Does anyone else have this happen on the little metres at the top on mainstage window yet they have plenty free in the system? A bit disconcerting
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mainstage Memory in red but 1.5gb free !!
    Hi Shane, I can't answer your questions - but I can say I'm not too surprised. Mainstage doesn't feel as efficient as it could be ;-) Omnisphere can also eat memory... The two together... wow. I haven't even opened Omni in Mainstage yet! However, my numbers between MS and Activity Monitor do tend to match. Can you list all your system and OS specs please. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Shane & Rounik, Yeah, I noticed the same "red" in the memory section. Rounik???? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, Mainstage is still a young application, & from my experience, is not as memory efficient as it could be. I imagine the Logic developers are working on making it even better. Best, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: