macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bj
    Re: Connecting a MICROPHONE in Mainstage
    Hi Jodie, I am not familiar with the Belkin 4 port USB hub adaptor, but basically there are two types of USB Hub adaptors... Passive and Active... Passive Hubs take power from the computer and Active Hubs come with an external power supply that needs to be plugged into the mains. IMHO Active is the way to go... thus reducing the demand for power from the computer. Hope this helps... Cheers, Bj
  • Jehubyi
    Hi BJ, I think my hub is both, but I am using the USB connection. Here is the link: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ775LL/A Thanks. Jodie
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, Thanks for the link... it looks like the Belkin is both. The Belkin Site says... "Connects up to 2 devices without a power adapter..." So check that the Voltage of the Hub is compatible with the Voltage of the Country you are in and if it is... Plug it in... That should improve things for you... Cheers, Bj
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, How did you go? Any improvement? Cheers, Bj
  • Jehubyi
    Heh BJ, I've been busy with gigs and band practices, so I haven't experimented with the connections yet, but I am gonna do that tonight, so I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks. Jodie
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, Glad it's working out... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: