macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zihymua
    Recording
    Which option give the command protect the first 8 bar and disable record in this region
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording
    Hi Alrobi, There is not a Key command to do that automatically. However, you can use Punch-In recording to do this: Click on the Auto-Punch button in the Transport (two arrows on it - one up, one down) and adjust the Punch Range in the Bar Ruler (red bar). Press Record and only the punch-in area will be recorded over. Did you know you can also protect tracks? Control click on a track header in the Arrange and select "Configure track header..." Choose to display "Protect". You can now click on the padlock to protect a track :) If you then want to try a different recording without unprotecting the track, choose Track > New with same channel strip/Instrument. Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    In my previous question when i tell Logic wont let me recorded for the first 8 bars i tried Punch in assigned to the first bar and still start recording at the eight bar, strange behavior, i feel that a kind of zone protect in an other track is there and by the way all this track where record with Kontak 3 Plug in and on 3 other tracks i have EXS 24 recording and when i click automation there is automation on the EXS track and none with Kontak 3 tracks. feel it is not an easy Plugin to work with
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alrobi, I just read your previous thread. It could be that you had your locators set at Bar 9? And/or the cycle mode was enabled? Otherwise perhaps something funky happened with K3 and Logic? I don't have K3 to test this or automation. But have you checked out Steve H's TNT2 series where September & October - where he talks in depth about automating 3rd party instruments including RMX and Kontakt? Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    It could be that you had your locators set at Bar 9? Could you give me more information about this Locator because this not the cycle mode for sure Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:31128]It could be that you had your locators set at Bar 9? Could you give me more information about this Locator because this not the cycle mode for sure Thank you [/quote] Hi Alrobi, If it's not the cycle mode then the locator advise doesn't matter. FYI, the left & right locators are the values that set the cycle area. You can find them in the Transport display on the left of the tempo and project end display respectively. Back to your issue, it's possible the project became corrupted? Can you replicate the issue in a new project using K3? Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    I tried something else. I copy one of my Kontak 3 tracks open a new job and paste it in, open a new software track and tried to record it, it still start enable recording at the same 8 bar. So i think there a kind of unkown command attached to these K3 tracks, really strange, is it possible Rounik this command come from the K3 app
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alrobi, Try this: - Quit Logic - move the preference file located in: Users/*your username*/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.logic.pro.plist to your desktop. Restart Logic. A new preferences file will be created. In a new project can you replicate this issue still? If so, can you post a screenshot of your Arrange area here. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: