macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Midi events doubling
    Hello, I've been recording in midi for a recent project and It seems every time I input a note using my midi controller (iguitar with midi interface) the note seems to be doubling. I don't think it's a sensitivity issue as the notes are exactly the same length and velocity. I only seem to notice this phenominon when I edit or move notes one at a time. If I highlight a group of notes and move them or delete them the doubles notes go too. I wonder if I've accidently changed a setting somewhere. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi events doubling
    Hi I like Cynic, Here a few existing threads on the duplicate notes. I'd check your MIDI Interface first! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=8859&sid=#8860[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=15392&sid=#15414[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=1595&sid=#1631[/url] Try out these suggestions. Let know if it works for you. Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Rounik mate, how's things? My iguitar hooked up to USB is running beautifully! I am using it as a midi controller as well hooked up to a Roland GI-20 midi interface. It's cool, but SO sensitive. But I am sure this midi doubling thing didn't happen on Logic 7. However I tried it out on Garage band and I seem to have the same problem, exact duplicates that only appear when you move individual notes(though this is ilife 09 garage band so...). I guess it's a problem with the controller/interface. The delete duplicates option seems to work ok, so I guess no major problems (good one for that tip) but I am wondering if there are any other solutions. Do you think I should add a voice limiter? Also is there any thing in logic that will filter out all these unwanted midi events that are coming in? Cause even when I don't play the guitar events are inputted!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mate, I'm good thnx. Glad to hear the iguitar is working out :) It sounds like you've got your igutar's MIDI events coming in to your Mac via USB and the MIDI Interface... Is there a reason why you have it hooked up to both? You should only need to hook it up either via USB or MIDI Interface. Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Actually the USB goes directly into the computer and is used to work the iguitar's magnetic pickups, so basically it functions as a regular guitar only it plugs directly into the computer. The 13 pin input goes into a midi interface which goes into the computer. The 13 pin input is for the midi pickup. So I only use the USB using the guitar's magnetic pickups, and I only use the 13 pin when I am recording Midi.
  • Xyzefiy
    Ok, I was working on a piece earlier, and the delete duplicate option which was working fine for most of the session seemed to suddenly stop deleting duplicates, Which is disappointing. So either I need to sort out why that isn't working or find a solution to this doubling problem. Any ideas would be really appreciated
  • Xyzefiy
    Morning everyone, after a bit more testing, it seems that the delete duplicate function will work if I am using step input mode, but not If I am recording live, the doubled notes do not delete if I have inputed them in real time. Any ideas?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I Like Cynic, In which editor window are you deleting the duplicate notes? Try opening the Event List - just to check that you do have and are deleting the duplicate notes... We still need to get to the bottom of why the duplicate notes are being created in the first place... Are there any settings on your MIDI interface that can be changed? Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hey Rounik The doubled notes are in the event list and they do not disappear when I do delete duplicates. Am using the Roland GI-20 Midi interface, when the problems came about I set reset the factory settings, other than that it has basic sensitivity and feel settings but nothing else I can think of that maybe causing this problem Cheers John
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi John, Are the duplicates in a separate region below an existing region? OK. I have a band aid style solution to stop duplicates being recorded: In the Clicks & Ports layer of Logic's environment create a new transformer and cable it in the signal flow from physical input to sequencer input. Open the transformer and tick the "Filter Duplicate Events"... Does that work? Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: