macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tinoxou
    MK-449c fader to Logic Mixerfader- strange behaviour
    Hello, there is a strange behaviour when I trie to assign the faders of my controller, an Evolution MK-449c, to the mixerfaders in Logic: I do it via Track Automation Settings, the first fader of my controller assigns right to the first mixerfader in Logic, but the next controllerfader, which I assign to the second fader of the mixer, is then linked to the fifth fader of logicmixer, the third controllerfader to the sixth mixerfader and so on. Mixerfader 2,3,4 are "dead". I tried the assignment over and over again, also very soft, but no chance. Within Ableton Live the faders work all right, so I think it must be a problem in Logic. Thanks for any hint or help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MK-449c fader to Logic Mixerfader- strange behaviour
    Hi glassissimo, In the Mixer layer of the Environment are there any objects connected to faders 2,3 & 4? Are these audio or SI channels strips? Does it work in a new project? Make sure Learn mode is highlighted when moving the channel strip and then adjusting the fader on your MK-449... I would set Controller Assignments here: Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignments Hope that helps :) Rounik
  • Tinoxou
    Hi Rounik, thank you for reply. I checked immediately your suggestions, unfortunately no solving: there are no objects connected to the faders in the env., I tried it with both: SI and audio-Channel-strips. It's strange to say, but with audio channel Strips just channel 2 and 3 are dead (with SI: Channel 2,3,4). I just tried out the first zone ("no zone") and even there just channel 2,3 are dead, also for SI-Channel-strips. Is possibly something wrong with the Parameters in the Control-Assignment-Window?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi glassissimo, Check out the Controller Assignments chapter in the Logic Pro 8 Control Surfaces Support pdf/manual especially p.37 which details how to assign a series of controllers... Personally, I think this section of the Logic manual could be written better! Let me know if that helps, Rounik
  • Tinoxou
    I checked it out, no help. I have no idea, what's wrong. It's frustrating. Maybe I have to look around for a new Controller..
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey glassissimo Have you tried initialising the control surface/assignments but not key commands? I would also recommend restarting your Mac and moving the following file to your desktop: Users/*your user name*/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.logic.pro.cs and then open Logic... I wish I had an MK-449c to try out here... btw, could you add your OSX & Logic versions and System spec to your next post. Are there any driver/update downloads available for the 449c available from Evolution? Cheers Rounik
  • Tinoxou
    Rounik, it seems that it works after I moved the file Users/*your user name*/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.logic.pro.cs to the desktop. Can you tell me, what this file means and whatfore I need it. Can I put it into trash? All works fine, I assigned the buttons to different synth as David Earl does it in his youtube vid (#39 & #40) and so I did with the faders. Only I can't switch to the next group of eight channel strips via a button, because then the order is lost again. But anyway, I'm so happy that it works and for your help, thank you very much, also for your wonderful Randomizer! If it's still for interest for you: my system is: OSX 4.11, Logic (Studio) 8.0.2. (Ableton, Sibelius, Max, SC). It seems that M-Audio stopped the internetsupport for the MK-449c. I just found an update for this awesome software called "Enigma" for programming the MK-449c, but that did not help at all. bth Do you have experience with a daw controller like the Mackie control? And even can you say something about the Jazzmutant Lemur?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Glassissimo, com.apple.logic.pro.cs is Logic's control surface preference file. Once you move or delete it when Logic next opens it will create a new cs preference file... so yes, you can delete the one you placed on your desktop :) Happy it works now :) & thank you for your kind words re: Random Nature. Great to have some feedback on that! If there is anything you would like to see in a future randomizer let me know, I'm working on an improved version... I don't have enough experience with Mackie Control - but know some users who love theirs... as for the Lemur... Looks great doesn't it! Feel free to post these queries in the "Gear" sub forum - maybe some MC or Lemur users will pop by and give their opinions. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: