macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rob.Matthews
    creative slideshow ideas/displays/examples?
    I need to make a "then and now" slideshow for my brother's high school hockey DVD and am looking for some creative ideas on how I can display it. This is how it works. I have 3-4 pictures of each kid (could be 2 young shots/2 now shots, 3 young shots/1 now shot, etc.). Basically the type of shot I have for each kid varies. I am supposed to set it to music and showcase each kids then(s) and now(s) without separating them (ex. once I start John Doe's segment, I transition through all of his clips). Can anyone think of a cool way to display this? I want to somehow give a preview before each kid displaying the content of his picture set without disrupting the flow of the video since since the amount of pictures per then/now varies randomly between each kid. I also want to out-do the video from last year. I already have my music. Last year there was only 1 then pic and 1 now pic per kid set to music. And, each photo would do that slight zoom effect on a specific point (that iMovie slideshow effect). My video editing skills are a lot better than the person that made last years, I'm just stumped on a cool way to graphically display it, while still holding on to intended sentimental feel (its mainly for the parents). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: creative slideshow ideas/displays/examples?
    Hi Rob, Welcome to the forums! You've posted in the Logic forum... Which app are you planning on using to achieve this slideshow effect? If iMovie... then I can move this post there later... Now, I'd really recommend checking out Keynote (part of iWork) - you can make some very very nice transitions between slides / photos and export the presentation to a movie file. It's difficult to recommend an artistic design/display format for the video without really being there if you know what I mean. What I would say is check out some biographical documentaries or videos which inspire you and use the Ken Burns effect (zooming around a photo to give the impression of movement) - especially ones that deal with a sports theme or a famous person. There are so many choices to make when starting out. Get a plan as to how you want the finished video to look and what you want it to convey. Write it down or story board it . Put yourself in the position of your intended audience and think about what you would like to see, and what would make sense to you. Hope that helps :) Rounik
  • Rob.Matthews
    Thanks a lot for the reply. I am open to use any software. I have access to everything (Final Cut Studio, iLife09, Adobe Creative Suite Premium, etc.). My hardest challenge thus far is implementing a way to display a grouping (a grouping being 3-4 photos of the same kid) other than placing a name on the first picture in the order. Any ideas on how I could achieve this. Example: I want the audience to know they are still within a specific kids segment without disrupting the flow of the slideshow (by using title pages or something of that nature). Any ideas?
  • Rounik Admin
    You could give each picture a border ( a different colour for each kid)... or place the name of the kid somewhere on the screen, like a title. It doesn't necessarily need to take up as much space as a lower third title area, but could be a semi-transparent title. You could do the title ideain iMovie, FCP.. any movie editing software really. Cheers Rounik
  • Lyjadyy
    I am biased because I did the Keynote tutorial...but I would use Keynote. You can create a title slide for each player or place a title on slide with the picture placed on the slide. If you take a 2 track mix of your music into itunes you can easily import it into your keynote presentation. Good Luck
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: