macProVideo.com
Forums
  • EC
    Stylus RMX and transformers.
    I was watching octobers TNT 2 about how to implement the Multi Instrument Object with Stylus RMX thru all those transformers. I found an even easier way to control the volume and pan of each MIDI channel with RMX. Here are the 2 transformers that are needed: [img]http://home.mac.se/makingsound/logicpro_se/stylus_transform.png[/img] Just cable the transformers between the Multi Instrument object and the Software Instrument Object and you are set to go. Hope you like it. :-D
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Stylus RMX and transformers.
    Thanks for sharing that Brad! I'm looking forward to testing this out when I get some this later next week :) Best Rounik
  • EC
    It should buy you a lot of time using 2 transformers instead of 16. ;-) What I did was to use the different MIDI channels to help me augment the the Data Byte by one on the transformed fader data.
  • steveH
    How timely, I'm going to do some tutorials on these kinds of transformations this month! The only problem I see with this is that you assume that the MIDI channel is 1.. if the MIDI channel is 2 or more then this global system won't work! Nice work, though!
  • EC
    [quote:4039] The only problem I see with this is that you assume that the MIDI channel is 1.. if the MIDI channel is 2 or more then this global system won't work! Nice work, though![/quote] Hi Steve and thanx for you reply. Would you care to explain what you mean that it won't work if the MIDI channel change?
  • steveH
    Please send a link! I'd love to see it in action.
  • EC
    Sure. Here's a little movie: [url]http://tinyurl.com/de5ent[/url] and here is the project file: [url]http://tinyurl.com/abmb66[/url] Hope you enjoy. :-D ... oh I almost forgot to mention. There is a bug in the new Stylus RMX 1.7 that makes the main volume fader in stylus react to the same MIDI as the fader for part 1. The bug is only graphical, you can hear that nothing is affected and if you turn the the view from "Spectrasonics View" to "Controls" in the plug-in window everything behaves as it should.
  • steveH
    I'll check it out tomorrow!
  • EC
    [quote:4039]I'll check it out tomorrow! [/quote] It would be very kind of you if you could find the time. Please tell me if you like it or if it is in some way not so versatile.
  • EC
    And the bug in 1.7 is gone! Spectrasonics just released a 1.7.1e update! This guys work at the speed of sound!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: