macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nyvupeo
    Assigning expression to a midi control surface
    Hi, I haven't been on this board in a long time--took a break from composing. However, I have the same issue that I haven't been able to figure out for months now. I would like to assign a slider on my Korg keyboard to the expression parameter (CC11). I am able to assign other controls like volume and pan fairly easily, but for some reason when I try to assign the expression parameter, nothing happens. I've even tried going under options and selecting "Move all region control Data to track automation." That doesn't seem to work either. Anybody have a simple explanation that I can try? Thanks, Matt
  • steveH
    Re: Assigning expression to a midi control surface
    Hi Matt, Not all virtual instrument manufacturers have implemented the cc11. What are you trying to control?
  • Nyvupeo
    I'm using East West Symphony Orchestra, and in the manual, it says that I should be able to assign a MIDI controller to CC11. It even recommends this. I'm able to assign a control to CC1 ( Mod Wheel), but not so with expression.
  • steveH
    For Kontact or Play? And what exactly are trying to assign?
  • Nyvupeo
    I'm using Play and trying to assign the parameter expression (CC11) to a slider on my keyboard so I can play in a string line in real time. I can currently draw the expression in using hyper draw. I can use the Mod Wheel in real time and can't figure out why I can't do the same for expression. I've tried using Automation Quick Access, and it won't recognize the parameter expression.
  • steveH
    You have to assign that parameter to knob on your kbd on your controller first.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: