macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Logic Pro: System Overload
    Heh Rounik, mpv-heads, This dreaded pop-up window keeps coming up on a track I am trying to add an EXPANDER to on a bus track. What is it that is making the "Logic Pro: System Overload: The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time" pop-up window to keep popping up? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro: System Overload
    Hey Jodie, we'll need a little more info... e.g. - how many audio /SI tracks are you running? - how many plug-ins on each track - i/o buffer size - other apps open? - how much ram your mac has - how much free hd space on your mac etc Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, I have 6 audio tracks, 12 SI tracks, 1 to 4 plug-ins on tracks (Output channel has 3), I/O buffer size was 128 but now 256, device is built-in-input, no other apps open, MAC harddrive has capacity of 111.35GB; used 103.23GB; available 8.11GB It might be the GB, right? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, Personally I would recommend having between 15% - 20 % free disc space of your hard drive total... that gives Logic and other Pro Apps space to breathe. Incidently, how much RAM do you have? Cheers, Bj
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again BJ, Yeah, my buddy also said I should have at least 20GB of free space on my Mac harddrive, so I think I'm gonna go and buy another 120GB so that'll give me a total of 250GB, then I can have more free space. It's probably that isn't it!!!! I have 2GB of memory. Thanks BJ. Jodie
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, " It's probably that isn't it!!!! " I'd say it would be a major contributing factor. If you are going to replace the Internal Drive on your Mac, I would suggest getting as big a drive as you can... It's amazing how quickly it fills up when making music. My basic set up for Logic is a 250gig Internal Drive, with a 250gig Firewire 400 External Drive, that I write my Projects to... I would also suggest spending a little more money and going for 4 gig of RAM... It all depends on your budget... Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    I agree. More ram and hd space would be useful. Also, recording and streaming your projects from a fast 7200rpm firewire hd could help if you are using a standard 5200rpm internal MacBook HD. What effect plugins do you have on all the channel strips? Also, sometimes this message appears in Logic when you try to playback a project... But stopping and playing again will resolve the issue! Try resetting Logic's memory: Options>project settings>reset... Good idea to repair permissions and keep 15 to 20 gb free on startup hd. Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, just to add to all of the above. One other thing I would point out is that unless you are recording new software instrument layers via your controller keyboard, I'd stick the buffer to 512 or 1024 and leave it there when mixing. You only really need the low latency when trying to play alongside pre-recorded material. Cheers, j
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:3745]I'd stick the buffer to 512 or 1024 and leave it there when mixing. You only really need the low latency when trying to play alongside pre-recorded material. Cheers, j[/quote] Good point John! :) R
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, BJ, YADJ, Thanks so much for all the help:) I'm looking at upgrading my current 120GB internal harddrive up to 325(?)GB this week. I'll also look into getting 2GB more of RAM which will leave me at 4GB, which I believe is the max. that a Macbook can have. I also have a 250GB external USB harddrive, so should I be putting a lot of my LOGIC music there? This is for YADJ: "I'd stick the buffer to 512 or 1024 and leave it there when mixing. You only really need the low latency when trying to play alongside pre-recorded material. " >>>> Are you saying that I should keep the I/O buffer size at 512 or 1024 for the ENTIRE project (recording) or "just" the mixing? Thanks. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: