macProVideo.com
Forums
  • steveH
    Steve H Podcast Interview for Electronic Musician Mag!
    Hi, Check out this podcast on the eMusician website about the iPhone game I scored called Drop7! www.emusician.com/podcasts/em_cast_march_2009/ Steve
  • EC
    Re: Steve H Podcast Interview for Electronic Musician Mag!
    Nice interview. It's really interesting to hear how you approached this project and how you used kind of the same technics that you showed us in this months TNT. I understand that you use the Augustus Loop. I have been fiddling around with another loop software called Sooper Looper: [url]http://www.essej.net/sooperlooper/[/url] Have you tried this one and if that's the case, what's your take on this software?
  • Joe C.
    That was a good listen, Steve. It sounds like your live setup is very similar to what you were showing in the last TNT. I'm sure you don't want to give away the store, but the element of mystery that you're talking about in the podcast with respect to what Logic's going to play is interesting to me. Are you randomizing notes and then putting them through chord memorizers, that kind of thing? I'm also curious about using Augustus Loop instead of (or in addition to?) MIDI delay lines. If you're into talking a little bit about this stuff in principle (again, not trying to steal your soul), I'm interested to hear more. One more thing: your website doesn't have a section for shows. Did I miss that?
  • macnando
    Hi Steve, Very nice interview. I still have a loong way to go before trying to keep up...but I liked when you talked about minimalism and what I listened has something to do with Steve Reich (another remarkable Steve!). You probalby heard his piece "Music for 18 Musicians" and the cd "Different Trains, Electric Counterpoint with Kronos Quartet, Pat Metheny". So far, so good, man, congratulations! Greetings, macnando
  • steveH
    [quote:2985] I liked when you talked about minimalism and what I listened has something to do with Steve Reich (another remarkable Steve!). You probalby heard his piece "Music for 18 Musicians" and the cd "Different Trains, Electric Counterpoint with Kronos Quartet, Pat Metheny". So far, so good, man, congratulations! Greetings, macnando[/quote] I heard the NYC premiere of Music for 27 Musicians which was trimmed back to become 18 musicians. It was truly a transformative evening!
  • steveH
    [quote:23897]Nice interview. It's really interesting to hear how you approached this project and how you used kind of the same technics that you showed us in this months TNT. I understand that you use the Augustus Loop. I have been fiddling around with another loop software called Sooper Looper: [url]http://www.essej.net/sooperlooper/[/url] Have you tried this one and if that's the case, what's your take on this software?[/quote] Thanks Brad... nice to have you over here at mPV forums too! I just downloaded SooperLooper... when I have a chance I'll check it out... thanks!
  • Claude Young
    Great interview!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: