macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Oceanviewstudio
    Re: Memory Nightmare
    Greetings, I realise this thread is a month old. - Newbie here and reading a lot. - However, may be the one or other around here has not yet been made aware of the Vienna Ensemble Pro Application. Basically it gives you two server, one 32 bit, and one 64 bit that can run independant at the same time with a client from within a host sequencer. I am totally new to Logic, well not even that, i just ordered it last Friday. :o) So I can not vouch for this combination, but from what I've read it is working. There is a demo version available, which I tried in Cubase 4.5.2 with 64bit Stylus RMX 1.9 and multiple Vienna Instruments loaded, while at the same time in the 32bit server, Kontakt 3.5, Omnisphere and Kore 2. I found it convincing and bought it. [url]http://vsl.co.at/en/65/71/1738/1356.vsl[/url] Best wishes OVS Georg
  • Ben
    Cool for you ;) I'm sure it will be good. VSL products are good.
  • Oceanviewstudio
    I think it is a slick solution until 64bit is more established, and can take advanatge of Mac's with generous RAM, but I would see this coming not earlier 12-18 months down the road until all the apps and stuff is re programmed as well. It does not put strain on the host, can run on a single maschine, or as intended to connect multiple maschines. The downside: For now, according to some chaps at Vienna they already think about solution, only PAN, SEND, and FADER can be automated from the Host, hence you loose the usual plugin automation. Then again, those that need automation still can be loaded from within Logic.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: