macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Audio Interfaces
    Heh Rounik, mpv-heads, Rounik, BJ, & YADJ: Thanks for your help in the recent posts I made. It's all working fine now:) I have a question about AUDIO INTERFACES again: I was just checking out Apple's Apogee Duet, and it looks awesome, but it looks like it is mainly made for recording as opposed to using it in a live situation. Is that assumption correct? If so, what do you think is a reasonably prices, good audio interface to use in a live situation? Are you guys fans of the Edirol FA-101?http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=702 This is within budget. I have Bill Burgess' Mainstage tutorial, and I notice he uses an RME Fireface 400, which unfortunately is out of my ball park money wise:( Any suggestions on an audio interface that will suit me both in the studio and in a live situation, and at an affordable price? I'm assuming I want firewire as well seeing how I have firewire in my Mac. Thanks guys. Jodie
  • Bj
    Re: Audio Interfaces
    Hi Jodie, Thank you for your kind words, glad it is coming together for you. IMHO Roland make good, serviceable products at an affordable price and the one you are considering should meet your requirements... But I would highly recommend getting the AC Adaptor... Other forum members may have other suggestions for Audio Interfaces based on their own experiences. I have just purchased Duet, which replaced my Presonus Firebox amd I know Musicians who use and are Happy with various M audio and Roland products. Hope this helps, Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, Like BJ I also went from a Firebox to an Apogee Duet. Very sweet interface. I liked both though... Jodie, what is your budget and what are your input/output requirements? e.g. if you only need two xlr inputs, and a stereo output then the Duet would be fine for your needs... otherwise for more in's and out's I'd consider the Motu Ultralite, focusrite saffire or Presonus Firestudio / Firebox (with adaptor) or the Edirol you mention. I've found over the last few years, more M-audio interface users having issues with Logic due to badly written drivers than most other manufacturers. These issues might have been resolved - or that could just be my experience. Best, Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh BJ & Rounik, Thanks for the audio interface advice. Rounik, I need MIDI inputs on the audio interface for using my MIDI controller in a live situation. Is that possible with the Duet? I'm gonna google those other audio interfaces you mentioned:) My budget is around $600US. Thanks guys. Jodie
  • macnando
    Hi riftmazefee, I just bought a Apogee Duet and it sounds great. I had a M-Audio Firewire 410 that was ok too. But no comparison talking about sound quality. Ok, I don't have Midi input so I had to put my MidiSport 2x2 midi interface back to work. If you want a great sound I would consider buying Duet...and if you need Midi also a USB Midi interface device. Your budget is enough for that. About other interfaces that guys mentioned, I have no idea. I just can compare FW-410 and Duet, so, I tell you, it is a huge distance! Greetings, macnando
  • Jehubyi
    Hi macnando, How r u? Thanks for the message. I'm hearing great things about the Duet, so that is definitely an option, but as I said, I need MIDI input, and I already have both of my USB ports used up: 1 for my PCR-300 MIDI controller and the other for my external harddrive. I have the Macbook with Firewire, so I think I should probably head in the direction of Firewire, no? Any more suggestions? Thanks. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: