macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kizujoy
    Error Message
    Hi Again I'm Getting this error message (Audio configuration is damaged)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Error Message
    Hi economous54, Something odd is happening on your system if you're getting this message and after the other issues too. Please (!) can you list your exact version of OSX and the Mac you are using. External hardware (e.g. audio interface, drum machine, MIDI controller)...? When does this message appear? On new projects? A specific project? Upon opening a project...when attempting to save a project? Have you changed or installed anything recently? In the meantime try deleting Logic's preferences (after quitting Logic): Go to users/Library/Preferences/ & delete the following file: com.apple.logic.pro.plist & restart Logic. Also try repairing permissions on your Mac: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] I'd also ask you to consider either adding your system spec to your profile here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/account/forum[/url] or typing it into a post. Cheers :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Another question!... Is the project you are getting this message on a project originally created in Logic 7? Cheers Rounik
  • Kizujoy
    Hi Rounik Deleting the preferences you mentioned fixed the error message (Audio configuration is damaged) when I open a new project . But when I open the project I was working yesterday that message still comes up . With the new preferences I'm not seeing any of the Jam Pack sounds . I installed leopard last week 10.5.6. I'm using a Mack Book Pro . Midi Interface is Motu Micro Lite Keyboard is Fantom X6 Audio interface is Apogee Mini Me USB going through Motu 828 with spdff cable .
  • Kizujoy
    Hi Rounik I forgot to mention , I didn't reinstall Logic from the Logic installer disk . It was migrated over from my old Hard drive . I'm starting to lean toward reinstalling Logic from the Logic installer disk . What do think ? I've never done a reinstall before .
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi economou54, Ahhhh... ok. The Migration assistant is good for some of the simpler Mac apps. But, I'd never recommend using it for Logic or Final Cut. Definitely do re-install Logic from the installer discs! Pop the disc in your drive and follow the on screen instructions :) Cheers Rounik
  • Kizujoy
    Do I have to uninstall Logic . What about all the sample , & Loops
  • Bj
    Hi economou54, You do NOT have to uninstall Logic... Make sure you have all the Logic Install Discs, put the first one in and follow the instructions. After the Install make sure you do a Software Update so you'll have the lastest version. All samples and loops native to Logic will be installed. The process takes about 4 hours and should not be interupted. Good Luck... Cheers, Bj
  • Kizujoy
    Hi again I been trying to install logic since 2:00 o'clock . I managed to install all the disks but I'm getting a message saying that (Please Insert The "Studio logic" to continue installation .) (You have chosen to install software that requires this disk) I've been getting this message all day in the middle of installing . I finally got through all the disks and then that message came up again . I Tried capturing the image with Grab and and when I did the Image say installation was successful . Now it won't let me quit the installer .
  • Kizujoy
    Hi Again Everything is working !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for all your help .
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: