macProVideo.com
Forums
  • unsaturated
    Re: MIDI Clock Synchronization
    To send MIDI clock, you must: 1) create an external instrument channel strip and set it to output MIDI on the desired interface 2) in the 'MIDI Output' tab of the inspector of said channel strip and check the 'Start Outputting MIDI Clock', 'Send MIDI Start', 'Send MIDI Stop' checkboxes.
  • Vasigiu
    Is there a way to sync an external midi device's clock with Logic 9? I have a Roland BK-7M arranger module which will transmit midi start and stop, BPM, etc. but I don't know how to integrate and/or sync it into Logic i.e. get Logic to use the external midi clock. Thanks Fred
  • Lixefuo
    http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13383 states early that Logic X functions as master only. However, when MMC, Midi Machine Control, comes across the wire, Logic will start/track/stop based on external commands. NOT MTC, Midi Time Code, though, if I understand this support article.
  • Lixefuo
    it's also kind of sad that Logic doesn't support standard MIDI sync commands, where I was doing this back in the late 80's, early 90's with MOTU Performer..
  • Leo
    Thanks for the information, It was useful for me.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: