macProVideo.com
Forums
  • supersport
    chord changes
    ok, so I'm new to recording and new to logic express, so right upfront I admit to living under a rock.....but I've been reading through the manual and watching the tutorial and learning all sorts of stuff about logic, but for the life of me I am stuck on something that should be so obvious and so easy, but I just can't find the answer. Let's say I want to compose a song using a simple driving piano riff..(I have no midi instrument, just using the midi instrument tracks from Apple)......so, for example, I want to start in C, then next measure change to G, then next measure F and then next measure back to C. Is there no way to change the original midi C chord into other chords without manually changing each note in piano roll? Also, is there no way to do a chord progression with audio loops? what's the point in constructing the song with only one chord? can someone please walk me through this process making a simple chord progression? Even the Demo song that I purchased on this site does not sport chord changes -- it's the same riff throughout the whole song -- how boring is that?.......I also looked through the manual, a GarageBand how-to book -- I can't find the answer. Quite frustrating...Am I missing something???...I could really use some help so I can move on. thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: chord changes
    Hi supersport & welcome to the forums :) There are a few ways to this. You can do it manually per single or selected MIDI or Apple Loop region - in the Region Parameters area (top of the Inspector) Select a value from the Transpose drop down menu. Alternatively, use the chord track in Global Tracks (top of the Track Header List). You can draw in chord, tempo, signature etc changes :) Check out this thread for more info: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=9892&sid=#12795[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • supersport
    Re: chord changes
    Hi Rounik.....thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info and link you gave me -- exactly what I needed.......
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: