macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Barka
    Logic Pro bouncing EMPTY MP3 and AIFF files.. HELP!
    Hi everyone. I've recently installed Logic Pro 8 onto a new Mac Pro. Entered the code and did a full session recording. But when I go to Bounce the track it goes through the process but then when I look at the Bounced track it is blank :s I have tried both Mp3 and AIFF bounce and sending them straight to iTunes, but no luck. Any ideas? The only other thing is that I have not yet Registered this Logic online as the Mac hasn't got a connection yet. Could this be the problem? Cheers for any help. Barka
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro bouncing EMPTY MP3 and AIFF files.. HELP!
    Hi Barka & welcome to the forums :) Not registering Logic online shouldn't be a problem at all. It sounds more like you're bouncing a section of the project that is empty or you have some tracks that are solo-ed or muted which means the signal is not being bounced... Also, are you using output 1-2 as your main output? Do you have any external hardware connected (e.g. compressors, reverb units etc) In the Bounce window have you set up the locators correctly? Are you bouncing in realtime or offline? Cheers Rounik
  • Barka
    Hi Rounik, Cheers for you reply. I managed to figure out I was bouncing down with my main output channels as 23-24 (with a Motu 24io). It works with the main outputs as 1-2. How would I change it so the main outputs are 23-24? Cheers, Barka (a very ashamed Mac Pro!)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Barka, No probs. I think I know what may be amiss... Are you choosing File > Bounce...? If so, that menu command will only bounce Outputs 1-2. Check out the Output 1-2 Channel Strip (in Mixer or Arrange area's Inspector). It has a little Bnce button beneath the Mute button. - You should find the Output 23-24 Channel strip in the Mixer or Environment window. Click on it's little Bnce button to bounce it only. That should work! Is there any reason why you are using 23-24 as your outputs? Maybe there is another way to setup your system so that your main outputs are 1-2 to make bouncing easier and more fail safe ;) ? Cheers Rounik
  • Barka
    Yeah I think I will swop them round if thats a more stable way of working. The only reason I had 23-24 as main output is because I wanted to keep my real mixer fully functional when mixing "out of the box", ie. 22 channels of straight in and straight out via the Motu. But I know I can just re-route the Motu to work that way. Thanks for your help Rounik, Barka
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Barka, You've got lots of choices to get it to work the way you want with Logic and the MOTU :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: