macProVideo.com
Forums
  • alexbutterfield
    Problem opening Logic 7 song in Logic 8
    I'm enjoying using Logic 8. But i have run into a problem trying to open a demo song I recorded in Logic 7. For some reason, I no longer have one of my EXS sampler instruments, the Pop Horns Section. As this instrument was used on a track, Logic crashes every time I try opening it. It gets hung up on trying to find either the instrument or the samples for the instrument. Hitting command-period doesn't cancel the attempt to load the instrument. (I kept Logic Pro 7 on my computer and it does the same thing now. And I did install legacy content when I installed Logic Studio.) I don't need the Pop Horns Section track but it would be useful, for purposes of scoring a project I'm working on, to have access to some of the other tracks on this song file. I would gladly drop the offending MIDI track but to do so I have to open the song. But I can't. Any suggestions? Thanks. I'm running OS 10.4.9 on an iMac G5 1.8gHz. I have Logic 8.0.2.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Problem opening Logic 7 song in Logic 8
    Hi Alex, I can't say specifically what is causing this issue... but do check that the pop horn samples you were using on the original L7 project are in the same location. Otherwise it might be a corrupt project. btw, do keep separate copies of your L7 projects. Remember once you save a project in Logic 8 you cannot open it again in Logic 7! If the project continues to make Logic crash, try this: - Open a blank project in Logic 8 - Choose: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Devices] [Core Audio] - Disable Core Audio (untick it) - Close the project (no need to save) - Open the project with pop horns. Because core audio is disabled all plug-ins will appear with a diagonal line running though them. - Remove the (pop horns) EXS24 from the Channel and save as... - Choose Logic Pro > preferences > Audio and re-enable core audio. That should work now. Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • alexbutterfield
    Thanks much. That did the trick. I actually had to ditch and restore plug-ins on several tracks but ultimately I was able to accomplish what I needed to. Thanks for the advice.
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Alex! Glad to hear it's all working now :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: