macProVideo.com
Forums
  • spaghettiarms
    SYNTH CHORDS/PADS
    Hey all, I bet you've heard this one before... But I'm knew to logic 8. And I need some advice if you don't mind helping out... Does anyone know how to make/tweak synth pad/chord sounds? likeee you know the song "Magnets" by digitalism.. more specifically, the middle section of the song where there's no beat and there's a vocoder saying "magnets" a lot... Obviously I don't want to rip off that song... but hopefully you might have some basic steps/tips to pulling off these kinds of sounds.. Any help at all would be unreal. Peace Steve.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: SYNTH CHORDS/PADS
    Hi Steve, Welcome to the forums :) OK. I just had a brief listen to the iTunes preview of Magnets. I'd check out all the channel strip settings in Logic 8! There are a lot to go through - but I'm sure you can find something that will get close - with the buzzy synth. It sounds very processed... with chorus - it's been compressed - just a little...! In the break down, there's a organ esq sound. Is that what you're interested in? I'd really recommend spending time going through the CSS and Plug-in presets and the apple loops - especially check out the green apple loops. Get to know Logic first. It will help you in the long run. I can't recommend the Logic 101 tut enough: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] 405 minutes and you'll be able to find your way around Logic much better. However, be aware that you're really asking about the Instruments and plug-ins, so some knowledge of synthesis would be helpful in this case. Now, I don't want to keep recommending you tutorials... but Steve H. has created a great one on the ES2. Once you know how to use this synth then you can more easily figure your way around Logic's other Oscillator based synths. But, if you wanna get down and make that sound - well, open up the ES1 and check ou the CSS and presets and get tweaking :) Also, try to replicate the elements of the sound and bear in mind that you can add the gloss and depth to the sound later using insert plug-ins (delay, reverb, chorus, compressions etc). Hope that helps, Rounik
  • spaghettiarms
    Hey, Awesome. Thanks heaps, big help, thanks for taking the time to hook me up with that info... I'll check out that tute. Cheers, steve.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey spaghettiarms, No problem! Let us know if you have any questions or need further help :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: