macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    EXS sample playback
    I hope that this is a simple one to answer.I have set three samples on each key ( over three notes ) to be played back using velocity to trigger reverse and ' wet' versions of the same set also.The problem is that the samples seem to be disappearing for a while...then coming back.They don't respond to the finger-strikes properly. I may be doing something fundamentally wrong as I have only had Logic for 8 months.The sampler is my last tool/instrument to master. How come the Factory sounds 'respond' perfectly ? I'm making some cool sounds but the playback is frustrating.I know it can be done somehow. Thanks in advance.Replies are much needed.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: EXS sample playback
    Hi pala, Could you possibly upload a blank project with the exs24 and the samples (included as assets) so that I can take a look at it. If you would prefer to keep it private, upload to sendspace and send me a private message if you don't mind doing so :) Cheers Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thanks. I hadn't even been doing a song.I was doing exercises in loading up a home-made sample set.I have found the velocity-range setting in Zone view and Group view confusing.I mean which one to use.I went back and kept to Zone view.Routing and velocity being set there.I had tampered with these parameters in the separate Group view.Maybe I shouldn't have. The samples play back fine now. I still find the assigning of the Velocity confusing in the Group mode.How does it affect what you set in Zone view ? Thanks ..I will keep on trialing and error-ing !!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi pala, Glad you got it sorted out. AFAIK Global mode would over write zone mode? But I'm not certain about this. In this case though, it wouldn't make sense to set velocity range setting both on the zone and the group. Cheers Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thanks Rounik for clarifying something that seemed blurry to me.It makes so much sense now.To use one or the other.So easy but I needed the help to just make it solid fact.Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Pala, Glad to know this helped :) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: